P1000 Wiring through the roll cage

J

Jcouch_84

Jul 25, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm getting ready to wire up some lights &a other stuff and would like to hide the wires as much as possible. Anyone know which parts of the roll cage are hollow and where it's not? I'm thinking of mounting a light bar up top in the middle of the roll cage.

J

JTW

I'm getting ready to wire up some lights &a other stuff and would like to hide the wires as much as possible. Anyone know which parts of the roll cage are hollow and where it's not? I'm thinking of mounting a light bar up top in the middle of the roll cage.
You should be able to tell.. I tried running wires thru the roll bars on my last pioneer.. it didn't workout so well for me. Good luck.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's easiest to come up the back bars. The front isn't too bad but that first bolt point a few inches up has to be avoided and wire tucked back sharply to the side of the dash and isn't appealing. The rear all that shows is a little coming out of the frame to the ROPS. Center is a no go.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@CumminsPusher is correct and summed it up well. As for me, I tried and got flustered like a wet Saint Bernard trying to get through a cat door and avoided it like the plague, and just got some good thick coated black wire and nicely tracked it along the roll cage with zip ties. If your not looking for it, you won't notice it. Good luck with witch ever one you decide to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!