P1000 Wolf Pen Gap

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Headed to Wolf Pen Gap tomorrow to do a little riding. Anybody else going to be there this weekend?

B

Bfree66

Sep 1, 2016
North Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just there this last weekend, hot and dusty but still a blast to ride. Enjoy, b/c this is the last weekend for awhile. They will shut it down in November and only open a few days at Thanksgiving and cpl days at Christmas. Then it'll be closed until March. The guberments gotten there hands in on it. Still get a map there's tons of riding not in the gap.

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was just there this last weekend, hot and dusty but still a blast to ride. Enjoy, b/c this is the last weekend for awhile. They will shut it down in November and only open a few days at Thanksgiving and cpl days at Christmas. Then it'll be closed until March. The guberments gotten there hands in on it. Still get a map there's tons of riding not in the gap.
It was a lot of fun. We got out and explored a lot of the area outside of the trail system. That is all open year round, they just close the area inside the trails, and I was told that trail 1 which connects the north and south trailheads is a county road and it remains open all year too.

Reactions: Bfree66 and drfubar
J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just checked this place out on rider planet. Looks like a good long weekend destination for me..
You should definitely check it out. We have been twice and had a blast both times. We have stayed at Black Bear cabins and at Coyote Canyon Campground. Both are nice places and you can ride straight from the cabin/campground.

Where are you from? It's only a 3 hour drive for me, and I'm ready to go back!

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should definitely check it out. We have been twice and had a blast both times. We have stayed at Black Bear cabins and at Coyote Canyon Campground. Both are nice places and you can ride straight from the cabin/campground.

Where are you from? It's only a 3 hour drive for me, and I'm ready to go back!

Cool thanks - We are in the Houston area so it will be a slight haul (7-8 hrs) . We have a toy hauler camper and always looking at ride/camp options - I think a 4-5 dayer would be cool.

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool thanks - We are in the Houston area so it will be a slight haul (7-8 hrs) . We have a toy hauler camper and always looking at ride/camp options - I think a 4-5 dayer would be cool.
Yeah that is a pretty good haul. Check out Coyote Canyon then, they have RV sites and Black Bear only has cabins.