P1000 Frame damage - insurance adjuster pending

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Met with a tree, just caught the edge of the tire. Pretty amazing the damage considering the low speed.
frame is torn on the upper, snapped tabs on the lower, axle pulled from the diff, seems to have pushed the frame under the cab as well.

Sad for me, 2018 with less than 500 miles and well appointed and cared for farm machine.

fortunately she's insured for cash value (i thought it was replacement value, but found out that was not correct)
waiting on a decision on if she get's totaled or not.

For the group: 2018 seemed like it was a solid year for these. and there's a few out there as opposed to looking for new.

What are you guys seeing as far as inventory on new and advantages of new?

This is a deluxe w/ paddle shift and manual diffs, which i prefer.

IMG 7448 IMG 7447 IMG 7432 IMG 7431 IMG 7428 IMG 7425 IMG 7424 IMG 7426 IMG 7427

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Met with a tree, just caught the edge of the tire. Pretty amazing the damage considering the low speed.
frame is torn on the upper, snapped tabs on the lower, axle pulled from the diff, seems to have pushed the frame under the cab as well.

Sad for me, 2018 with less than 500 miles and well appointed and cared for farm machine.

fortunately she's insured for cash value (i thought it was replacement value, but found out that was not correct)

For the group: 2018 seemed like it was a solid year for these. and there's a few out there as opposed to looking for new.

View attachment 395880 View attachment 395881 View attachment 395882 View attachment 395883 View attachment 395884 View attachment 395885 View attachment 395886 View attachment 395887 View attachment 395888
Thats sucks!
Looks like your going to welding school!

What state is “south east” BTW🤔

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 395880 View attachment 395881 View attachment 395882 View attachment 395883 View attachment 395884 View attachment 395885 View attachment 395886 View attachment 395887 View attachment 395888
Like mentioned already, if you can buy it back at a reasonable price......I would. You know the history and how well you've taken care of it. Yes, new ones have some better/more advanced features but then you'd have that extra payment?? From the pics it doesn't look like frame is damaged, the tabs breaking away like they did probably prevented that. It's really not all that difficult to go in there and reinforce all the damaged areas and you're still left with a well taken care of good to go machine.

My 2 cents.....

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Do you think there is actual frame damage behind the tire? Or the plastic popped due to the tire hitting it?
Looks like the tire just smashed back into the plastic and popped it out of the clips. Couple weld washers on the lowers and weld the uppers back in with some gussets she'll be good to go.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what we've seen around here, it's a given that insurance will want to total it.

I suffered similar damage on my 2018 and didn't even bother with a claim. $400 worth of parts and $500 to have a professional welder / frame guy fix it up and she's stronger than before.

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
interesting input from the collective. thank you

I see the lower a arm would be pretty straight forward. the upper attachement point is more concerning, the tubular portion of the frame is torn open. not sure what if anything happened inside the boot/axle/differential. A arm/Tie Rod, all easy. The damage behind the wheel under the cab isn't as clear.

I've already started a convo w/ the insurance company.

Open to getting a good strong repair if it can be done, but i'm less confident in the work coming out of some of the shops in the area.

I'll keep you posted.

ALL that said, if they decide total the machine, what would a reasonable buy back look like and what type of shop should I look into. I'll pay for quality work. just hate paying top dollar for s***ty work. I'm a decent welder, but i'd like a professional job.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My upper tube was torn worse than yours. The guy put a tube insert in there and welded it up, so it's stronger than before.

I thought I've heard buy-backs are ridiculously high on these things (?)

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
interesting input from the collective. thank you

I see the lower a arm would be pretty straight forward. the upper attachement point is more concerning, the tubular portion of the frame is torn open. not sure what if anything happened inside the boot/axle/differential. A arm/Tie Rod, all easy. The damage behind the wheel under the cab isn't as clear.

I've already started a convo w/ the insurance company.

Open to getting a good strong repair if it can be done, but i'm less confident in the work coming out of some of the shops in the area.

I'll keep you posted.

ALL that said, if they decide total the machine, what would a reasonable buy back look like and what type of shop should I look into. I'll pay for quality work. just hate paying top dollar for s***ty work. I'm a decent welder, but i'd like a professional job.
Here are some Pioneer front end repair photos.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My upper tube was torn worse than yours. The guy put a tube insert in there and welded it up, so it's stronger than before.

I thought I've heard buy-backs are ridiculously high on these things (?)
It was for a while, I'm not sure what it is now. They may not total it and have you bring it somewhere for repair. They didn't total mine, and if it still had a lien on it I'd have to of taken it to a shop to have the frame replaced. Since I own it outright, they just paid me the total for the claim minus my deductible and I made the repairs myself. My adjuster told me I'd basically have to drive it off a cliff and have it explode in order for them to total it (LA law is they have the option to total it if the repair costs are less than 75% of the value. 75% or more and they have to total it). It's still insured through Progressive. Just know that if you go the buy back route you probably won't be able to insure it any more.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!