HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My neighbor specializes in suing insurance companies. I guess he loves it cause he's good at it.

I have front and rear dashcams.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk
I've thought about dashcams. Please pm me your choice of dashcam, source, and reasons.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It's not always about the lowest premium if it's impossible to get cash out of them when you have to make a claim.
You are correct fo sho!
With that same storm as you I have Farm Burau and they were great just took a bit for the adjuster cuz if all the claims from the storm our first ever claim as well. We got a letter from them saying cuz its our first that we get a pass and it wont be held against us.
They were quick to get us a check too.
I'm not surprised. I would never choose Progressive if I had a choice. I read years ago the owner of Progressive insurance is - surprise, suprisse - a big lib! I wouldn't urinate on a lib if he/she/it caught on fire but USAA selected Progressive for coverage it does not write.
I love your way of thinking? 👍🏻

Reactions: TxDoc and Buggyman
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My neighbor specializes in suing insurance companies. I guess he loves it cause he's good at it.

I have front and rear dashcams.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

@TxDoc please pm me and tell me what brand & model dashcams you use as well as source and your reason for choosing them.

With all the idiots, unskilled drivers, many with no liability insurance, I've thought about buying dashcams also.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've thought about dashcams. Please pm me your choice of dashcam, source, and reasons.
@TxDoc please pm me and tell me what brand & model dashcams you use as well as source and your reason for choosing them.

With all the idiots, unskilled drivers, many with no liability insurance, I've thought about buying dashcams also.
@HBarlow the PM feature does work in both directions. Instead of asking TxDoc to PM you twice today you could’ve just sent him a PM 🤯🤯🤯

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I'm not surprised. I would never choose Progressive if I had a choice. I read years ago the owner of Progressive insurance is - surprise, suprisse - a big lib! I wouldn't urinate on a lib if he/she/it caught on fire but USAA selected Progressive for coverage it does not write.

Soros does not, nor did he ever own, it. Progressive Insurance is a publicly traded company. Its' majority shareholders are The Vanguard Group, Wellington Management, BlackRock Fund Advisors, SSgA Funds Management, and JP Morgan Investments. It was founded in 1937 by Joseph Lewis and Jack Green. Joseph's son, Peter Lewis, and his mother bought it in 1965. It went public in 1971. Soros was a friend and political associate of Peter Lewis.

Reactions: TxDoc and Buggyman
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I've been running a Viofo A129 Pro Duao 4K setup for going on 2 years in May. It's been great. No lockups, great FOV, simply reliable. Front Ultra HD 4K 3840 * 2160 @30fps + rear 1920 * 1080P @30fps at the same time. It's got a capacitor instead of a battery, so it's far less likely to overheat. I get the hardware kit and lens, and never skimp on the memory card - Samsung high or pro endurance (C10/U3-V30) or Sandisk Extreme. Get the biggest one your camera supports.

That said, it's now 2 years old. If I were buying one today, I would make sure it had a Sony Starvis 2 image processor.

The Viofo A229 Pro 3CH would likely be the one for me (three channels - 4K front, 2K rear, and 1080P interior cam). Vantrue N4 Pro 3-Channel Dash Cam would be my 2nd choice. Lots of folks want to spend top dollar on Blackvue and a couple other brands, but I don't overpay for the same technology found in SOME lower priced brands.

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Soros does not, nor did he ever own, it. Progressive Insurance is a publicly traded company. Its' majority shareholders are The Vanguard Group, Wellington Management, BlackRock Fund Advisors, SSgA Funds Management, and JP Morgan Investments. It was founded in 1937 by Joseph Lewis and Jack Green. Joseph's son, Peter Lewis, and his mother bought it in 1965. It went public in 1971. Soros was a friend and political associate of Peter Lewis.
Soros? I didn't mention Soros.

Peter B. Lewis, a big lib and donor to lib bad ideas, was the long-time CEO and major share-holder of Progressive Insurandce.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good idea.
The only bad thing with this is the progressive part, They are the worse for claims. Have 3 friends that had claims with them ranging from small to large . I just remember it was a complete $hit show of a nightmare with them and once they finally got it done, they jacked there premium supper high. I think thats why there so competitive to start with. Not bad as long as you dont have a claim.
Even heard this from an independent adjuster with my RV. She had nothing but bad things to say about when she had to deal with Progressive. That was enough for me to say away like they have the plague!
Never had a claim but my brother was listed on my policy as a driver and he got a failure to yield in his truck which is SF and progressive raised my rate almost double so I had to take him off as a listed driver. THEY SUCK I will probably look elsewhere.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Never had a claim but my brother was listed on my policy as a driver and he got a failure to yield in his truck which is SF and progressive raised my rate almost double so I had to take him off as a listed driver. THEY SUCK I will probably look elsewhere.
Yeah they are bad for that. Have heard it many times from friends and my customers

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Soros? I didn't mention Soros.

Peter B. Lewis, a big lib and donor to lib bad ideas, was the long-time CEO and major share-holder of Progressive Insurandce.
Sorry, I misread. Yea, I pointed out Lewis.

But Progressive went public 53 years ago. I named the top 5 shareholders. The top one (Vanguard) only holds ~8-9%. Point being, no one person owns much. It's all institutional and mutual funds (~88%). And Peter Lewis is dead (2013).

Last edited:
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!