P1000 Insurance company

T

tbounds02

Dec 27, 2023
Ms
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
My dealer whom I purchased my pioneer 1000 referred me to American Adventure insurance for a quote . I sent in information and they wer $250 a year with discount . My State Farm was. $800 with a deductible.
The coverage was even better through adventure.
My question does anyone have experience with this company? Thefound policy thru progressive gulf insurance

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just got my renewal for2014 pioneer 700. uninsured bodily injury100k/300k, safety apparel $500 free, liability bodily inj. 100k/300k, property dmg. 50k, medical 5k each person, comprehensive is cash value at time of loss 0 deductible, collision is same as comp. accessory coverage 3k. $159 per year with progressive. also plated street legal. FWIW.

ACfixer

ACfixer

Global Warming Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
Jan 22, 2021
N/E Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never heard of that company OP, but they appear to be an agent for several companies and I'll bet it's all good.

Farm Bureau does mine in Tennessee - similar to the other quotes here... about $250 a year and it's plated for the street.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My dealer whom I purchased my pioneer 1000 referred me to American Adventure insurance for a quote . I sent in information and they wer $250 a year with discount . My State Farm was. $800 with a deductible.
The coverage was even better through adventure.
My question does anyone have experience with this company? Thefound policy thru progressive gulf insurance
AAI is not an insurance company. They are an independent agent that can sell you a policy from many different insurance companies.

I see Progressive, Safeco, Travelers, Foremost, Nationwide, and a few others.

Who is the company your new policy is through?

Sure, getting a low premium is important, but not as important as how well they perform in the unfortunate event that you have to file a claim.

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Why not just do your own insurance shopping?

Many of us have our ATV's insured by Progressive. Progressive is an industry leader.

I would contact Progressive for a quote and then contact other insurers and compare the quotes.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV

Many of us have our ATV's insured by Progressive. Progressive is an industry leader.

I would contact Progressive for a quote and then contact other insurers and compare the quotes.

You're welcome to do whatever you feel is best for you. However, keep in mind that some companies require you to go through them, while some companies WON'T sell you a policy direct and you must go through an independent agent.

Why not shop around with the former AND let an independent agent shop around as well? Then you'll have all kinds of quotes to choose from.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found that insurance brokers often get better rates, even through the same company, i.e. progressive. Going on my own for just my 1000-5 was $250/ year. Through an independent broker, it was $250/ year for the 1000-5, plus my foreman 450, plus my motorcycle from progressive. Same coverage even. Needless to say the broker got my business.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I don't shop for insurance. Everything we've owned since 1977 has been insured by USAA. USAA doesn't insure motorcycles, boats, or ATVs so those policies are referred by USAA to a USAA representatives at Progressive.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't shop for insurance. Everything we've owned since 1977 has been insured by USAA. USAA doesn't insure motorcycles, boats, or ATVs so those policies are referred by USAA to a USAA representatives at Progressive.
I had usaa for 20+ years until I moved to Florida. They were almost twice as much as State Farm, and refused to even give a quote for home owners insurance.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Good idea.
The only bad thing with this is the progressive part, They are the worse for claims. Have 3 friends that had claims with them ranging from small to large . I just remember it was a complete $hit show of a nightmare with them and once they finally got it done, they jacked there premium supper high. I think thats why there so competitive to start with. Not bad as long as you dont have a claim.
Even heard this from an independent adjuster with my RV. She had nothing but bad things to say about when she had to deal with Progressive. That was enough for me to say away like they have the plague!

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I had usaa for 20+ years until I moved to Florida. They were almost twice as much as State Farm, and refused to even give a quote for home owners insurance.
I understand your frustration but with the hurricane damages and losses in Florida over the past 20 - 30 years what insurance company would want to write policies there? News articles I've read since the hurricanes of 2022 - 2023 report that many insurance companies are refusing to write policies in Florida. I've read that many Florida residents are leaving because they can't insure their homes any longer.

Since USAA opened eligibility to all military ranks and relatives of all insured about 15 years ago USAA customer service has often been terrible. I've been frustrated at USAA several times over the years for bad telephone customer service but the bottom line is I know they'll do the right thing if I have a claim.

Reactions: Buggyman and TxDoc
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Good idea.
The only bad thing with this is the progressive part, They are the worse for claims. Have 3 friends that had claims with them ranging from small to large . I just remember it was a complete $hit show of a nightmare with them and once they finally got it done, they jacked there premium supper high. I think thats why there so competitive to start with. Not bad as long as you dont have a claim.
Even heard this from an independent adjuster with my RV. She had nothing but bad things to say about when she had to deal with Progressive. That was enough for me to say away like they have the plague!

We have Citizens Insurance (aka Hanover everywhere except Michigan) for home, auto, and (had) boat.

This past year, I made the first homeowner's claims I had ever made in my life - two separate incidents separated by mere weeks due to two separate catastrophic events (hailstorm then tornado/winds). Boat claim, too (total loss on 2-year-old boat).

There are 50 or so homes around our private lake. Every single property had catastrophic roof damage from the hailstorm. I had the approval and the first of two checks in my hand ($45K) within 1 week. Other homeowners who had the same company experienced the same. Unfortunately, there were some who were insured by other insurance companies, including the likes of Allstate, State Farm, and others', who were literally still waiting to get their claims approved until after our three roofs were replaced! Unfortunately, they don't cover ATVs or UTVs, so ... :/

It's not always about the lowest premium if it's impossible to get cash out of them when you have to make a claim.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Good idea.

I'm not surprised. I would never choose Progressive if I had a choice. I read years ago the owner of Progressive insurance is - surprise, suprisse - a big lib! I wouldn't urinate on a lib if he/she/it caught on fire but USAA selected Progressive for coverage it does not write.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!