P1000 Pioneer insurance

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How does everyone here insure their vehicle? Do you get separate insurance through your auto policy or is your vehicle just covered on your homeowners policy?

Would it be wise for me to buy auto insurance if I am going to be mainly using my vehicle on my own property?

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does everyone here insure their vehicle? Do you get separate insurance through your auto policy or is your vehicle just covered on your homeowners policy?

Would it be wise for me to buy auto insurance if I am going to be mainly using my vehicle right now on my own property?

Separate policy, some companies will make you get full coverage like a car.

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get mine through Allstate. Insured like a car so if anything happens to it, theft, sink it, rolled and totaled, it is covered. My main auto ins is with State Farm but they wanted significantly more for less coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I get mine through Allstate. Insured like a car so if anything happens to it, theft, sink it, rolled and totaled, it is covered. My main auto ins is with State Farm but they wanted significantly more for less coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup mines through progressive I have full coverage no deductible on the machine & accessories for loss, theft, or damage but no other coverage.
$180 a year I think.

State Farm wanted liability personal injury everything that’s required for a vehicle and was $700+ every 6mos, it was double what our two primary vehicles are.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got mine thru progressive and it covers everything even the stuff I have added to the pioneer for around 180 a year best price around my son's jet ski is even thru progressive

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I checked with my insurance lady and she said in Virginia I don’t need auto insurance if my vehicle is going to be used on my property. It will be covered under my homeowners policy for thief and physical damage.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I insure with Allstate...that is who I have my Auto's with... It is a separate policy just for the side by side. It covers everything having to do with the side by side, on my property or off. My fault or not....
Homeowners policies are so different ... you should be sure ... it may or may not cover your side by side. It depends on how your coverage is worded. My wife is in the Insurance business (not a sales person)...and she made me get a separate policy on just the side by side, based on what she knows. These things are too expensive to for me to take any chances..

Reactions: R-Lamm
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have the extra money to replace my stuff, so I insure it. Homeowners insurance only goes so far so I have a separate policy. Covers everything for less than $300 a year.

Reactions: Deluxe700
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
That's up to you......I have it .......sometimes!

Reactions: Mudwing
Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's up to you......I have it .......sometimes!

I checked my homeowners policy and it says verbatim..... “the vehicle is covered if it is used solely to service the residence premises.”

So I guess I’m covered somewhat but that statement really doesn’t tell me that much.

I’m going to talk to my agent tomorrow to get clarification.

Then if I don’t like what I find out I’m going to call Flo for a quote.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I checked my homeowners policy and it says verbatim..... “the vehicle is covered if it is used solely to service the residence premises.”

So I guess I’m covered somewhat but that statement really doesn’t tell me that much.

I’m going to talk to my agent tomorrow to get clarification.

Then if I don’t like what I find out I’m going to call Flo for a quote.

So don't have ANYTHING happen off your lawn!

Locohonda

Locohonda

Nov 6, 2017
Northern Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Called my insurance agent today and she confirmed that my Pioneer WILL BE covered under my homeowners policy.

It will be covered for thief, fire, hitting a tree, meteor strike or any other catastrophe that could happen to it....$500 deductible.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Called my insurance agent today and she confirmed that my Pioneer WILL BE covered under my homeowners policy.

It will be covered for thief, fire, hitting a tree, meteor strike or any other catastrophe that could happen to it....$500 deductible.
Zombie whatever too? LOL Sounds like you have real good homeowners insurance,

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

But i seriously doubt that its covered if it comes off the trailer going down the highway...or if youre towing it and get into a wreck and its damaged. Just something to think about. If it never leaves your property yoir good.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
In New York State, you are required to carry separate insurance if you are on roads or other's property, like atv parks and such.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In New York State, you are required to carry separate insurance if you are on roads or other's property, like atv parks and such.
I carry the same full coverage on my sxs as i do on my vehicles + additional foe accessories. Is it necessary....probably not. But i get warm fuzzies knowing my 20k+ rigis paid for if something happens.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I carry the same full coverage on my sxs as i do on my vehicles + additional foe accessories. Is it necessary....probably not. But i get warm fuzzies knowing my 20k+ rigis paid for if something happens.
I do the same!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!