P1000 Cost For Insurance

Millman13

Millman13

Jan 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We can ride on our city streets but the city laws require insurance to do so. My insurance company quoted me $800 a year for a 2021 P1k5.

Injury/liability $100/300K
Property Damage/liability $100K
Medical $5K
Physical Damage Package $500 deductible - Stolen, wrecked etc.

Lowering coverages to the minimum and upping the deductible saves $20 a year.

At $800 a year it's more than the insurance for our 2019 Honda CR- V with the higher coverages.
I was just quoted and purchases for $44/month. So $528 a year with the same coverage and insurance. Used a local buddy who does all my insurance.

Reactions: Biteme
B

Buckshott

Jan 25, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got full coverage for mine for $397 for the year through farm bureau I have my house and auto's there. I would check with whoever you are insured with you can usually get a discount I checked several other places.

Reactions: Biteme
G

goheelzfan

May 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
***** If you've added a lot of extras to your SxS make sure your policy reflects it. Some traditional home and auto carriers aren't prepared to cover the extras on these vehicles. Progressive, Foremost and GEICO to some extent are in tune with the industry and the coverages they can offer are superior to other companies.
Some things you should have on your policy:
Total loss replacement coverage
Additional accessory coverage
Carried contents.

Of course everyone isn't going to need all these coverages, but make sure you know what you have. The time to discuss coverages isn't when you have a claim.

J

jjbring

Jan 11, 2021
West Fargo, ND
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We can ride on our city streets but the city laws require insurance to do so. My insurance company quoted me $800 a year for a 2021 P1k5.

Injury/liability $100/300K
Property Damage/liability $100K
Medical $5K
Physical Damage Package $500 deductible - Stolen, wrecked etc.

Lowering coverages to the minimum and upping the deductible saves $20 a year.

At $800 a year it's more than the insurance for our 2019 Honda CR- V with the higher coverages.
I was quoted $787 by State Farm today, but I said I was going to make it street legal (blinkers required in ND) and she said then it can be insured like an auto if you are going to drive it on the street as well. The quote was a little less than $400/yr for full coverage on a 2021 P1K5.

Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
P700 I pay $50 per month. Not sure what kind of coverage I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Call progressive, got mine for around $250 per year but for off road use only on my ‘21 P1k 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have my home and auto with Farmers. When I asked my agent for quotes for the minimum requirements here in AZ, Foremost came in at under $90 per year for the P1k5. No collision.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Progressive Insurance
2021 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe Phantom Camo
Bodily Injury $500K per person/$500K per each accident
Property Damage $100K per accident
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist - $50K per person/$100K per accident
Medical payments - $10K per person
Comprehensive (included disappearing deductible)- Total loss - $250 deductible
Collision (included disappearing deductible) - Total loss - $500 deductible
Accessory coverage $3K
Total annual premium: $383

I tried our insurance company that we have everything else with (Citizens Insurance aka Hanover Insurance). My wife is actually an employee ~21 years, so we get a great discount on auto, homeowners, etc. We've had one claim in over 20 years (about 10 years ago). They wanted nearly $3K a year for similar coverage! ROTF! No thanks.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!