P1000 Grey Wolf 25RR toy hauler fitment

07keo02

Mar 10, 2019
Salem, Mao
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just picked up a 2018 1000-5. Its a base model. I am currently looking for a small open trailer for short trips. The thing is, i have a grey wolf 25rr roy hauler I would like to be able to haul this thing in. I would have to move some of the interior cabinets for width, but the main problem is height. The ramp door has a 74 inch opening.

As much as I would like to join the chop club, i dont know that i have the tools or confidence to tackle that job and put my family in it. For right now, just looking for any ideas i might not be thinking of to get it in there. As it warms up here, i might see how much lower i can get it by temporarily deflatting the tires etc. Does unbolting the ROPS temporarily net you anything without completely removing for transport? I will play with this a little more as it warms up here. Thanks in advance.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
tires, no roof, put some people or cooler in it, spec says 76 ought to be good doing that

CLS

CLS

Aug 26, 2018
Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just picked up a 2018 1000-5. Its a base model. I am currently looking for a small open trailer for short trips. The thing is, i have a grey wolf 25rr roy hauler I would like to be able to haul this thing in. I would have to move some of the interior cabinets for width, but the main problem is height. The ramp door has a 74 inch opening.

As much as I would like to join the chop club, i dont know that i have the tools or confidence to tackle that job and put my family in it. For right now, just looking for any ideas i might not be thinking of to get it in there. As it warms up here, i might see how much lower i can get it by temporarily deflatting the tires etc. Does unbolting the ROPS temporarily net you anything without completely removing for transport? I will play with this a little more as it warms up here. Thanks in advance.
Three options:
1. Deflate the tires, hassle but cheap.
2. Get a set of small diameter tires for transport only. The sand dunes guys do that out here in Az and Ca all the time.
3. Camping World is having a trade in your toyhauler sale...we got the Jayco T30F. Overkill but worth every penny and while I'm leaving my p1k5 stock I could have room for bigger tires.

Bottom line is torque the cage and leave it. You don't want to keep messing with it.

Reactions: Remington

07keo02

Mar 10, 2019
Salem, Mao
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well looks like the plan is to take it 8 hours to get the cage chopped. First i need to make sure i measure for fitment (cabinets etc.)

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ratchet straps on suspension will get you a few inches

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well looks like the plan is to take it 8 hours to get the cage chopped. First i need to make sure i measure for fitment (cabinets etc.)
before I did that would try it with a couple people in it,

DFABane

DFABane

Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I am told by the Honda dealer that you can compress the rear suspension with ratchet straps and it will pull it down enough to get it in... you also might want to let some air out of the tires as welll... hope this works... let us know... I’m currently looking into getting a smaller toy hauler....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!