P1000m5 It fits in the toy hauler!

Seth14

Seth14

Oct 30, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally loaded our P1k 5 seater in the toy hauler for the first time! 10’ garage, so it’s tight! But it fits! Door closed and all!!!! I was honestly a little nervous even though I measured it out and knew the numbers said it would fit. For sake of saying, we owned the toy hauler first and just utilized it for camping with the kids.

63A0116A 9DEA 416E B780 61BBE471638A 6C936357 6D1C 479F 915D 91A7BD0313D1 6C6DF240 B065 4B9C A410 C3CC9864F494

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice and great luck on the sequence of expensive toys.
I'd measured things for my garage, got mine home, and found that the Honda OEM roof with Honda clamps adds + 2" in total height. I seriously go under my garage door by 3/8" - after cutting off door parts and changing the garage lift as much as possible.
As it is, I'll need a new house if I go up to 30" tires.

Our toys own us.

Proof: I'm wondering if I can just go ahead with the 30s and air down to park . . . 🤔

Last edited:
Seth14

Seth14

Oct 30, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice and great luck on the sequence of expensive toys.
I'd measured things for my garage, got mine home, and found that the Honda OEM roof with Honda clamps adds + 2" in total height. I seriously go under my garage door by 3/8" - after cutting off door parts and changing the garage lift as much as possible.
As it is, I'll need a new house if I go up to 30" tires.
Our toys own us.
Yes! Not much room up top either here, but I could fold the bottom bunk down and to the sides to get more room up top.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes! Not much room up top either here, but I could fold the bottom bunk down and to the sides to get more room up top.
Thata what i use to do but then i chopped my top so im good to go now. This was before i chopped the top. My garage is 10-1/2. Just fits with the party deck gate closed.
If the beds were up, the slight bouncing in the back made the roof rub on the bed brackets. Broke one that way and had to fix it lol
79759FBE 55A8 45BB 8444 368D55887446

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2017 P-1000-3 and a Tahoe toyhauler. Have had the toy hauler for years, but wife's hip replacement caused us to sell all the Fourtrax (3) and buy a side by side. Only issue...it wouldn't fit. Too tall. Had double bunks that lifted up with chain drive. Had to remove upper bunk so lower one could go high enough. Works great now - 2 inches clearance. Couldn't see buying a new toyhauler when this ones been paid off since 2008. Now both are paid for and despite Biden's gas prices we can still enjoy our retirement.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same issue; I just unclamp the roof & take it off & set it to the side or slide forward for transport it takes a whole minute. Or you could go with a fiber roof which will lower the sound level in the can significantly. And/or you could still air down, but you have to be very careful to not roll your tires off the wheels not to mention the potential side wall damage to the tires (don’t ask me how I know 😟

Reactions: Seth14 and Lady01
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Too much trouble. Just fix it right and be done with it. At 66 years old I don't have the time or patience to air down tires or take my top on and off. What a pain in the arse. When I go out to have fun , that's what I want. Unstrap and go !

Reactions: Seth14 and Lady01
D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally loaded our P1k 5 seater in the toy hauler for the first time! 10’ garage, so it’s tight! But it fits! Door closed and all!!!! I was honestly a little nervous even though I measured it out and knew the numbers said it would fit. For sake of saying, we owned the toy hauler first and just utilized it for camping with the kids.

View attachment 303404 View attachment 303405 View attachment 303407
I know this post is a few years old. What model fuzion do you have pictured? We are looking at a fuzion 310 with 10ft garage. Our pioneer is stock except for 28in tires and elka stage 3 shocks. I'm wandering it will fit.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this post is a few years old. What model fuzion do you have pictured? We are looking at a fuzion 310 with 10ft garage. Our pioneer is stock except for 28in tires and elka stage 3 shocks. I'm wandering it will fit.
I’m not Seth, I don’t have the fifth wheel model, mine is the Fuzion 301, I’m pretty sure the garage is exactly the same in size. I had to remove a bed as well and it still rubs the bottom of the bed a little with stock wheels/tires. Not knowing how much extra height you have it’s going to be very tight. FWIW, being stock I have to be perfectly straight for the back door to close and it often rocks back & forth during transport enough to have caused some rubbing damage on the front wall but nothing that will take a lot of effort to repair for resale or when it bothers me too much. You’re going to be very tight on height. I think you should be ok on width but again it’s tight. With the wheels you have you’ll very likely have to take the roof off for transport, it would be way easier to go with a fiber roof in my opinion. Also if you have the table that pops up through the bed (we use it a lot) you have to be careful to make sure the legs are secure to the bottom of the table before driving in. Measure, measure, measure.
Congratulations, enjoy.

D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not Seth, I don’t have the fifth wheel model, mine is the Fuzion 301, I’m pretty sure the garage is exactly the same in size. I had to remove a bed as well and it still rubs the bottom of the bed a little with stock wheels/tires. Not knowing how much extra height you have it’s going to be very tight. FWIW, being stock I have to be perfectly straight for the back door to close and it often rocks back & forth during transport enough to have caused some rubbing damage on the front wall but nothing that will take a lot of effort to repair for resale or when it bothers me too much. You’re going to be very tight on height. I think you should be ok on width but again it’s tight. With the wheels you have you’ll very likely have to take the roof off for transport, it would be way easier to go with a fiber roof in my opinion. Also if you have the table that pops up through the bed (we use it a lot) you have to be careful to make sure the legs are secure to the bottom of the table before driving in. Measure, measure, measure.
Congratulations, enjoy.
Thank you. I might be better off finding one with a 11ft or 12ft garage.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know this post is a few years old
Your right lol. Also, the guy your asking has been MIA for over a yr also.
Mine is an 11’ garage. The pioneer or my Talon X2 just barely fit and we have a 4 season door. I would go no smaller.
If your not sure, take your rig with you to see if it will fit.
Hope you got your answer

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’d definitely plan for the bigger garage myself.
Yes, Ideal would be a 13-14’ garage if u want a few feet in front and back. This is my second TH 5er and the 11’ does the job just fine. Little tight up front and back. But thats the only way i could go without sacrificing living space and going bigger than 40’ in length that makes it harder to find general camping spots in most campgrounds.
Now if I wanted a travel trailer ( for those in Reo Linda thats what some call Bumper pull)
You can load right up in your living space and have all the room you want. Thats if u like the smell of gas, tires, mud and such and having it all over that area then go for it lol. Dont forget, Got to make the wife happy in the process. Camping is like playing house for grown ups to the wife😉

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, Ideal would be a 13-14’ garage if u want a few feet in front and back. This is my second TH 5er and the 11’ does the job just fine. Little tight up front and back. But thats the only way i could go without sacrificing living space and going bigger than 40’ in length that makes it harder to find general camping spots in most campgrounds.
Now if I wanted a travel trailer ( for those in Reo Linda thats what some call Bumper pull)
You can load right up in your living space and have all the room you want. Thats if u like the smell of gas, tires, mud and such and having it all over that area then go for it lol. Dont forget, Got to make the wife happy in the process. Camping is like playing house for grown ups to the wife😉
I have a travel trailer (Bumper pull) with a 14' garage/living space. Don't mind the smell/dirt but I have a width problem. Its only 67" from counter top to fold up sofa. its a real tight squeeze with a P1K.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a travel trailer (Bumper pull) with a 14' garage/living space. Don't mind the smell/dirt but I have a width problem. Its only 67" from counter top to fold up sofa. its a real tight squeeze with a P1K.
Yeah thats the same issue my neighbor had going that way. Everyone Ive talked to with that set up, in the end upgrade to a separate garage. But on the other hand, I wouldnt mind a Nomad Travel Trailer TH. They are like an inclosed so heavier suspension/axels, happy jack system and other amenities.

D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's where we are at as far as the size of the toyhauler. Our truck is almost paid off so I don't want to have to get a bigger truck. I don't want a 45ft 3 axle 16000lb empty weight either. The last 5th wheel we had was 36ft and weighted 12400lb empty. Truck did fine with the weight. We do want a separate garage. Which toy hauler do you have if you don't mind me asking? Just getting some ideas. We won't be buying nee.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's where we are at as far as the size of the toyhauler. Our truck is almost paid off so I don't want to have to get a bigger truck. I don't want a 45ft 3 axle 16000lb empty weight either. The last 5th wheel we had was 36ft and weighted 12400lb empty. Truck did fine with the weight. We do want a separate garage. Which toy hauler do you have if you don't mind me asking? Just getting some ideas. We won't be buying nee.
My first one was a keystone Carbon 357 just got rid if it. Was 8yrs old.
My currant one is a 24’ Jayco Seismic 359
The pic is the Jayco
IMG 0897

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice set up. Is your truck a 2500hd? How does it handle the weight?
Not knowing what truck you have if you're pulling a toy hauler you almost have to have a 2500 or bigger.
It really doesn't matter (too much) if it's diesel or gas, we could talk about that for awhile, I've several of both.
Look at the Torque T32 or T31 the garage is a little bit longer.
If you do consider another 5th wheel look at the Open Range Rolling Thunder.
With the wheels you have I don't suggest anything with a slide, it surely won't fit.
As said above measure from the door to the first cabinet or whatever the wheel might touch, some of my friends have cut an access in the cabinet, if done right it looks good.

Reactions: duramaxman05

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!