P1000 What kind of toy hauler do you use?

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 40ft Fuzion TH with 10ft garage. Had to remount the dual drop down electric bed all the way up and the P1k5 just fits with 30's 94d658858d1ae5aa0a0d735536b8b664Ceffe1c725a38f4578ea37f43b834ed2

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a 25' Grand Design. It just fits in there and didn't have to modify the bunk but it's like docking the space shuttle to get the darned thing in there just right and tied down just so. Side clearance is critical because of the kitchen slide. PITA but we go dry camp in tight spaces at times so didn't want the longer one with a dedicated garage. Still might go that way after I retire.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Have a 25' Grand Design. It just fits in there and didn't have to modify the bunk but it's like docking the space shuttle to get the darned thing in there just right and tied down just so. Side clearance is critical because of the kitchen slide. PITA but we go dry camp in tight spaces at times so didn't want the longer one with a dedicated garage. Still might go that way after I retire.
Those are nice rigs. Pricy too..
Do u have any pics of that bad boy?

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I used to have a Wolfpack 325pack 40’….got tired of having to always jack around with the beds and crap…plus unloading at night in the heat and bugs.

sold it this spring and went back to pulling doubles again. I have a 32’ Grand design with factory hitch. Now I can bring my boat and not be over length/weight, or just my ATVs. No bugs and crap to clean out, gas smells etc.

I know TH are liked here, but I’ll never own one again.
Hey Vikes how do you like the Grand Design brand. We looked at a smaller model and liked the layout but was wondering about the quality.

Reactions: Backwoods
JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remington, here are some pics.

I hear that their quality declined during Covid. Hiring was tough and supplies tough. but yeah here is my 25'. The bunk/table area in the rear is where the Pioneer gets tied down. Really love the back porch arrangement it makes things feel much larger. Also like the interior decor it is much more modern and clean looking. When we were looking some of the trailers looked like they were decorated by my grandmother, and I'm 61.

Overall have been happy with the quality of ours. Lots of little things to fix/upgrade but that's just the RV world. Replaced all the faucets, installed upgrades like surge protection and a water filter and a shower door and a better mattress and bigger propane tanks and a second battery plus myriad other things that make it "ours". In my view every trailer is a starter kit to get just what you want (a lot like our Pioneers).

It has done well when we haul it down two tracks and boondock/dry camp. The solar system has been a pleasant surprise. And the onboard generator and fuel tank/fueling station is a big plus. The dual AC holds its own even in 110 degree AZ heat.

You better be prepared/handy to do your own repairs on an RV. The dealerships are full of some pretty ham handed techs, and your rig will wait forever for even the most simple repairs. In my view the warranty is there for the worst case, and I haven't had to use it, thankfully.

We bought in early 2020, right before Covid hit. Lucked out because they were still dealing. One month later there was nothing to buy, anywhere.

Alpine IMG 4051

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I have a Jayco Octane 265. Fits my 4 seat Talon well. Use it more for camping than hauling toy but have hauled talon twice with it. It was one of the smallest and lightest that I found to fit the 4 seater in.

CE66EC70 C79A 4DC1 8577 0F845D6A8CA9

JiminAZ

JiminAZ

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PS the only other brand we considered was Outdoors RV out of Oregon. Built better than Grand Design but the designs weren't as nice. Built like tanks though.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used to have a Wolfpack 325pack 40’….got tired of having to always jack around with the beds and crap…plus unloading at night in the heat and bugs.

sold it this spring and went back to pulling doubles again. I have a 32’ Grand design with factory hitch. Now I can bring my boat and not be over length/weight, or just my ATVs. No bugs and crap to clean out, gas smells etc.

I know TH are liked here, but I’ll never own one again.
The Wolfpack 325pack13

ok toy hauler but sucked big time towing with a srw…almost a full pavement queen bought a dually Ram cause I got tired of white knuckle driving because of the lateral sway from side winds. Had 12’ garage…pioneer is a good fit, but a Talon would be a shoe horn fit. @Montecresto had one with a talon and I believe he had to put pool noodles on the bumper to prevent rubbing.

2C1E3616 38E1 4396 938D 7A9389361B4B

What I ran before the Wolfpack

Crossroads Volante BH with a 7x14’ aluminum enclosed trailer.

411C358F 563D 4218 BBDD C3897E6AF8F1

What we’ve went back to , Reflection 28bh with a 10’ pj trailer. Can pull my boat too.

06CFE7B4 AA06 4ECF 9DC8 49BCC6B2ADBF

if you pull doubles, sway bar and rear camera are must haves imo.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Vikes how do you like the Grand Design brand. We looked at a smaller model and liked the layout but was wondering about the quality.
It’s way better than most out there. The fit and finish is pretty darn good in my mind compared to base models. For sure the heating and cooling systems duct installation is far better. So far our Reflection seems to be insulated well. The cabinets are definitely much better quality etc.

We are very happy with this layout finally. Our girls are older so we wanted a smaller BH as they won’t always be staying and it’s short enough to do some dispersed camping too. Pulls straight as an arrow.

single key locks, slam latches, everything is just all round better than the Wolfpack we had. The rear hitch is factory installed and wired. Rated for up to 3000 lbs.

Reactions: JenElio and Red500
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
It’s way better than most out there. The fit and finish is pretty darn good in my mind compared to base models. For sure the heating and cooling systems duct installation is far better. So far our Reflection seems to be insulated well. The cabinets are definitely much better quality etc.

We are very happy with this layout finally. Our girls are older so we wanted a smaller BH as they won’t always be staying and it’s short enough to do some dispersed camping too. Pulls straight as an arrow.

single key locks, slam latches, everything is just all round better than the Wolfpack we had. The rear hitch is factory installed and wired. Rated for up to 3000 lbs.
Thanks for the info. We are a long way from buying but the little Grand Design Imagine was one of our favorites so far.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I hear that their quality declined during Covid. Hiring was tough and supplies tough. but yeah here is my 25'. The bunk/table area in the rear is where the Pioneer gets tied down. Really love the back porch arrangement it makes things feel much larger. Also like the interior decor it is much more modern and clean looking. When we were looking some of the trailers looked like they were decorated by my grandmother, and I'm 61.

Overall have been happy with the quality of ours. Lots of little things to fix/upgrade but that's just the RV world. Replaced all the faucets, installed upgrades like surge protection and a water filter and a shower door and a better mattress and bigger propane tanks and a second battery plus myriad other things that make it "ours". In my view every trailer is a starter kit to get just what you want (a lot like our Pioneers).

It has done well when we haul it down two tracks and boondock/dry camp. The solar system has been a pleasant surprise. And the onboard generator and fuel tank/fueling station is a big plus. The dual AC holds its own even in 110 degree AZ heat.

You better be prepared/handy to do your own repairs on an RV. The dealerships are full of some pretty ham handed techs, and your rig will wait forever for even the most simple repairs. In my view the warranty is there for the worst case, and I haven't had to use it, thankfully.

We bought in early 2020, right before Covid hit. Lucked out because they were still dealing. One month later there was nothing to buy, anywhere.

View attachment 339496 View attachment 339497

I've been eyeing that same one for a couple months now. They just want too much for them at the moment, I'm waiting for the recession fire sale.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 339496 View attachment 339497
Nice rig my man! always liked those

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 40ft Fuzion TH with 10ft garage. Had to remount the dual drop down electric bed all the way up and the P1k5 just fits with 30'sView attachment 339400View attachment 339401

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Not sure if you know? but you can fold those lowere beds down Instead of the fab work. Before I chopped my top I had to lower and lock mine to the side when I put my 30’s on. With the chopped top its back to the norm. but to the side works great.
2D0BD148 C3CE 426A 93E1 572AE1417EC5

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wheres the OP? @Jbruegger
We showed you pics, wheres yours? 😂 Just messin with you! but…..;)

38’ Keystone carbon 10-1/2’ garage. 30gal gas tank, a Onan 5500 built in generator And a party deck HFA style! 🥳
75A2CAE1 EC50 4CD8 B934 440F41F8D36E
BAFF742B 60C0 46DD 91E6 93A96B0AB159
826522F8 E1E3 48E0 9267 17F952D55602

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!