P1000 Buggy Box…what do you carry?

silvertrd09

silvertrd09

Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I got to ride with much more experienced Talon riders and they put me through some changes. SxSs will do things that just ain't rite. :oops: Being fairly new to SxSs and usually solo, I'm having to relearn the laws of physics. :eek: I can only hope I have what I need when I need it, it's a lot different when there's someone else there to help flip you back on yer wheels. (duh :rolleyes:).
You got a good list going CID. Others too. I would add a Deadman Winch anchor. Riding around places with no trees or other riders, its a must have. Also 12v deer feeder battery that you could hook up to one of those cheap 4 pod led lights like you get from auto zone. It's come in handy on night time rides when Pockets ended up like PJons ride in the pic. Set it off to the side and it will turn midnight to daylight.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There are also a thread or two on getting more storage inside the rear door and back corner panels. This shows a rear door on the P1K-5 (the blue modeling clay is just temporary to access the distance to the outer panel so I could figure out what weather stripping to use to help seal out dirt etc.

One door can hold all the toiletries, tire patch stuff etc, while another door holds all manner of extra winch rope, snatch blocks etc.

View attachment 404806
What does your cover for this hole look like?

Reactions: Biteme
G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone that's done this mod had any issues with the hinges wearing or becoming loose? Just wondering if the added door weight puts a strain on the hinges that weren't designed for this.

More4low

More4low

Sep 26, 2023
Florida east coast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone that's done this mod had any issues with the hinges wearing or becoming loose? Just wondering if the added door weight puts a strain on the hinges that weren't designed for this.
I’m interested in hearing about this myself.
Yes, the RB3 bushings are a great improvement, but the thin molded plastic of the door itself…I’m a little Leary of.
Pipe up if you’ve done this mod please.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had to do a recovery today. An older gentleman was out scouting for deer with his smaller Polaris and couldn’t restart after shutting it down. He was probably in his early to mid 80’s and had a brace on his leg. No cell service and a couple of other hunters let us know where he was located. When we got there we tried to get his rig restarted using jumper cables and it still wouldn’t restart. Luckily I had a recovery rope and a couple of soft shackles and towed him about 7-8 miles to his home. It pays to be prepared.

More4low

More4low

Sep 26, 2023
Florida east coast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added a few more essential items to my “Buggy Box”…20’ tow strap, 40’ 1/2” rope, and a few hand tools.
Also slapped on a set of Mudbuster XL’s…WOW…what a difference.

71899754259  95AAFF7F 0621 4C7F B9D5 38BDA8B299C2

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!