P1000 Buggy Box…what do you carry?

More4low

More4low

Sep 26, 2023
Florida east coast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello from East Central Florida,

New member here and I recently acquired a 2021 1000-5 deluxe forest edition.
One thing I realized rather quickly is…there’s not much actual storage in these, dry storage.
I’m putting together a dry box (Buggy Box) that I can throw in when we go for extended rides.
So far I’ve got:
First aid kit
Toilet paper
Duct tape
Bailing wire

I know there’s going to be a lot more, just curious who carries a buggy box and what you consider to be essential items to carry along.

More4low
Ps…I’ve read through enough posts here that if I don’t post a picture…it didn’t happen.

IMG 6069

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn’t take any pics but I just bought one of the big rolling 36”x 24” packouts for the back of my 1000/3. Was able to secure it with para cord and turnbuckles, and 2 days of riding it didn’t budge. I kept my toolbox, socket set, tow straps, first aid kit, air compressor, and my backpack with personal stuff in it. I could have added packouts on top as well if needed for more stuff. Pretty pleased. I’ll take some pics later.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I didn’t take any pics but I just bought one of the big rolling 36”x 24” packouts for the back of my 1000/3. Was able to secure it with para cord and turnbuckles, and 2 days of riding it didn’t budge. I kept my toolbox, socket set, tow straps, first aid kit, air compressor, and my backpack with personal stuff in it. I could have added packouts on top as well if needed for more stuff. Pretty pleased. I’ll take some pics later.
Welcome from South Florida
Nice buggy 👍

Plenty of threads on here on both storage and "what" to pack/bring along. I'm certain you will find lots of ideas around here, just takes some reading. Bottom line, everyone's needs/wants differs so it'll ultimately come down to what YOU decide

Good luck 👍

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Off the top of my head -

'real' snatch block, like for hanging Jeeps
10' chain
20' x 1/2" nylon tow rope/kinetic rope
20' Bubba kinetic rope
20' x 2" tow strap
2 soft shackles and 2 soft shackle recovery rings
Dewalt 20v air compressor, recip saw (+ blades) and 2 batteries
cheap/basic tool kit (one of those in a plastic box)
small HF bag with hand picked tools
duct tape
100' x 1/2" rope
tire lug wrench
100' spare winch line
screw jack handle
10' x 3/8" syphon hose
6' tree saver
various D-shackles
Two 36" axle straps
Leatherman Super Tool
Flashlight
tire plug kit, tire plugs and small can of glue
raincoat and pants
small backpack for carrying 'walk out' supplies
water
knit hat
electronic charging cords
SPOT locator
iPad with GAIA GPS topo
small Garmin 60CSx GPS just cuz I already owned it
knit hat
Thinsulate gloves
small 7" x 12" Tupperware box with small bits-n-things

2 spares because I'm usually solo
4' tall shovel
screw jack

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are also a thread or two on getting more storage inside the rear door and back corner panels. This shows a rear door on the P1K-5 (the blue modeling clay is just temporary to access the distance to the outer panel so I could figure out what weather stripping to use to help seal out dirt etc.

One door can hold all the toiletries, tire patch stuff etc, while another door holds all manner of extra winch rope, snatch blocks etc.

20210707 175851

More4low

More4low

Sep 26, 2023
Florida east coast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang @CID …why not just pull a trailer..j/k, who rides with you doesn’t need to bring anything but a cooler and some sandwiches.
Great ideas though.
@bumperm …wouldn’t or doesn’t the extra weight in the rear doors play hell on the hinges?
I’ve been a member of a popular archery forum for almost 20 years, so I was anticipating the “Use the search function”…
And I will in the future..just getting to know you guys, Thanks for the useful information.

More4low

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Check out post #98 & #156

I have not made a compete list yet of what I carry but I carry alot. I keep everything from first aid, to recovery gear, and odds and ends. I have a few different posts on my build about ways I carry things. The two mentioned above are directly related to the 1000-5 rear door storage mod. I used RB3 door bushings and try to keep heavy things high near the hinges. The combination works great.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You said there was a body in there ... :oops:🤣

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Off the top of my head -

'real' snatch block, like for hanging Jeeps
10' chain
20' x 1/2" nylon tow rope/kinetic rope
20' Bubba kinetic rope
20' x 2" tow strap
2 soft shackles and 2 soft shackle recovery rings
Dewalt 20v air compressor, recip saw (+ blades) and 2 batteries
cheap/basic tool kit (one of those in a plastic box)
small HF bag with hand picked tools
duct tape
100' x 1/2" rope
tire lug wrench
100' spare winch line
screw jack handle
10' x 3/8" syphon hose
6' tree saver
various D-shackles
Two 36" axle straps
Leatherman Super Tool
Flashlight
tire plug kit, tire plugs and small can of glue
raincoat and pants
small backpack for carrying 'walk out' supplies
water
knit hat
electronic charging cords
SPOT locator
iPad with GAIA GPS topo
small Garmin 60CSx GPS just cuz I already owned it
knit hat
Thinsulate gloves
small 7" x 12" Tupperware box with small bits-n-things

2 spares because I'm usually solo
4' tall shovel
screw jack
Lord, @CID, he's wanting to gear up a dry box or two for extended rides, not establish a new community center for pygmies in the African rainforest!

🤣

I know, I know, you ride solo in the middle of nowhere. Just giving you hell.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are also a thread or two on getting more storage inside the rear door and back corner panels. This shows a rear door on the P1K-5 (the blue modeling clay is just temporary to access the distance to the outer panel so I could figure out what weather stripping to use to help seal out dirt etc.

One door can hold all the toiletries, tire patch stuff etc, while another door holds all manner of extra winch rope, snatch blocks etc.

View attachment 404806
I keep all my recovery gear in a tool bag in the bed that way if I’m tipped over in a washed out road, I still have access. This time I made it, other times it lays over on the doors.
IMG 0517

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I keep all my recovery gear in a tool bag in the bed that way if I’m tipped over in a washed out road, I still have access. This time I made it, other times it lays over on the doors.View attachment 405237
Good point on access when tipped over, I've been pondering this dilemma. 👍

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thi
Good point on access when tipped over, I've been pondering this dilemma. 👍
This is probably a bigger problem on the P1k5’s, than on the Talons. You don’t have any rear doors to cut open for storage. From the looks of the gear that you carry, you should have enough to tie off on a tree or rock, even if you need to use a snatch block.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thi

This is probably a bigger problem on the P1k5’s, than on the Talons. You don’t have any rear doors to cut open for storage. From the looks of the gear that you carry, you should have enough to tie off on a tree or rock, even if you need to use a snatch block.
I got to ride with much more experienced Talon riders and they put me through some changes. SxSs will do things that just ain't rite. :oops: Being fairly new to SxSs and usually solo, I'm having to relearn the laws of physics. :eek: I can only hope I have what I need when I need it, it's a lot different when there's someone else there to help flip you back on yer wheels. (duh :rolleyes:).

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got to ride with much more experienced Talon riders and they put me through some changes. SxSs will do things that just ain't rite. :oops: Being fairly new to SxSs and usually solo, I'm having to relearn the laws of physics. :eek: I can only hope I have what I need when I need it, it's a lot different when there's someone else there to help flip you back on yer wheels. (duh :rolleyes:).
Can’t argue with that. I’ve had experiences where a SxS was on its side on a steep rocky climb. Required two other machines to get around him; go to the top of the hill and come back down in the dirt so that one winch could secure him from sliding down the rock face and the other to winch him back onto his wheels. There are some places I won’t go unless there are at least two other machines on the ride. I’m not much into 30 mile hikes to get back to civilization.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!