Won’t move after shutdown

H

Harold62

Jan 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So today after riding for several miles my 1000 was fine until I shut it off then when I started it back up oil light was on and it showed to be in second gear and wouldn’t move . After letting it sit for an hour it worked fine This only happens after shutting it down if you leave it running it won’t ever give trouble any ideas ?

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
So today after riding for several miles my 1000 was fine until I shut it off then when I started it back up oil light was on and it showed to be in second gear and wouldn’t move . After letting it sit for an hour it worked fine This only happens after shutting it down if you leave it running it won’t ever give trouble any ideas ?
Likely a bad ground somewhere.

Reactions: Buggyman
H

Harold62

Jan 29, 2022
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Likely a bad ground somewhere.
Thanks for the reply . Is that common with ground issues to go away after letting it cool down ? I’ve replicated this several times and as long as you don’t shut it down it does fine and if you haven’t ridden far you can shut it off and it does fine then as well

Reactions: TripleB
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Thanks for the reply . Is that common with ground issues to go away after letting it cool down ? I’ve replicated this several times and as long as you don’t shut it down it does fine and if you haven’t ridden far you can shut it off and it does fine then as well
I don’t know about “common” but honda seems to have really random issues when ground connections are loose.

worth a look at the battery, engine and chassis ground connections.

nearly as universal as rebooting a computer when it’s glitching.

Last edited:
Reactions: CID and Buggyman
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does the length of time its off before you restart have any effect?
If you turn it off and turn it back on does it happen? If not, it could be the oil temp continues to rise a little . and you may have an iffy oil temp sensor

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!