Y

Yortm

Sep 20, 2020
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi all!
I’m having trouble with my sxs 500.
it had 220psi compression, so I pulled the top end off and found damaged buckets and cam lobes, removed front cover and replaced cam. Re assembled honed cylinder, new piston and rings. Cleaned head and valves etc.still has about 150psi comp. the engine starts and idles a little high but runs ok. When you accelerate it cuts out and then comes good again over and over. (Like when you hit speed limiter)
Replaced IACV. Serviced, tried ecu, fuel pump, throttle body, exhaust, injector even a stator. Spark is good. Fuel is good. Air filter is clean. Timing is spot on. And I can’t work it out?!! The throttle body is black on the inside? Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be great. Cheers

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hi all!
I’m having trouble with my sxs 500.
it had 220psi compression, so I pulled the top end off and found damaged buckets and cam lobes, removed front cover and replaced cam. Re assembled honed cylinder, new piston and rings. Cleaned head and valves etc.still has about 150psi comp. the engine starts and idles a little high but runs ok. When you accelerate it cuts out and then comes good again over and over. (Like when you hit speed limiter)
Replaced IACV. Serviced, tried ecu, fuel pump, throttle body, exhaust, injector even a stator. Spark is good. Fuel is good. Air filter is clean. Timing is spot on. And I can’t work it out?!! The throttle body is black on the inside? Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be great. Cheers
Any codes flashing on the dash?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Y

Yortm

Sep 20, 2020
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nope checked for codes and nothing at all. Everything seems to be working ok according to the computer

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
If its only a problem with hard throttle try a new spark plug cap and spark plug. With hard throttle the firing voltage goes way up.

Y

Yortm

Sep 20, 2020
Australia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We have tried a new complete coil and plug and still no success. 👎🏿

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!