P500 Won't shift into 4wd

L

leboyd

Jun 14, 2020
houston
I tried to a Google search, but couldn't find anything on the P500.

I purchased a 2015 a few weeks ago and recently tried to shift into 4wd. I was stopped, but it would not go into 4wd. I got no indicator on the dash. I had read somewhere where there's a linkage adjustment somewhere, but I can't find it.

Any help to a video or post is appreciated.

PJ1

PJ1

FIREBALL P-500
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 500
Hello, I'm no expert but I think because you say you are at a stop. When you shift to 4wd you wont get the indication until you begin moving.

L

leboyd

Jun 14, 2020
houston
Hello, I'm no expert but I think because you say you are at a stop. When you shift to 4wd you wont get the indication until you begin moving.
This would be great - User error. I will check this and hopefully it's working as it's supposed to.

Reactions: PJ1
G

Griff

Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This would be great - User error. I will check this and hopefully it's working as it's supposed to.
PJ1 may be on to something.
The indicator on my P1000 doesn’t instantly display my gear selection. I have to travel a few feet before the indicator shows the correct status.
HTH
Griff

Wisdumb

Wisdumb

Jul 23, 2020
Independence, KY
Ownership

1. 500
There is a small placard near your left foot when in the driver's seat that has info about the 2WD/4WD system. I can't remember everything it says but essentially "don't go between 2WD and 4WD while moving and remember you might have to roll forward for it to register."

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!