P500 Park brake light won't come on (sometimes)

VonHarvester

VonHarvester

Jan 2, 2021
South central lower MI
Ownership

1. 520

2. Talon X
Sometimes when I pull my park brake lever up, the red light on the dash comes on and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else had this issue? I don't have a service manual yet and there seems to be quite of bit of bodywork covering up the mechanism so I can't see anything. Thanks for any information.

SAM 2979

VonHarvester

VonHarvester

Jan 2, 2021
South central lower MI
Ownership

1. 520

2. Talon X
Thanks Dave75, but LilRed is correct, I'm talking about the little red (P) light on the dash that comes on when you pull the park brake lever up. I'm just trying to avoid taking my P.52 to the shop for warranty work. That's one of the great things about this forum, there's so much information from folks who've had the same experience. It's already saved me from having to take my TalonX in for the intake snorkel clamp recall.

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
It would have to be in the service manual.
I should have read the post more closely.
There is not a lot of maintenance info in the user manual.
I did not see any info on the clutch adjustment there, that was when I saw something about the brake light.
At least YouTube was there for the clutch info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!