P500 Wont shift or start

Pro-piddler

Pro-piddler

Jul 17, 2020
Heber Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m trying to find out what the “minus” sign on my 2015 700-2 means. For the first time ever I left it out from under the carport and a bad storm came through Saturday night. Now, a minus sign appears on my dash and it kicks back into first gear and won’t shift into higher gears. I read somewhere about possibly getting water in one of the hoses but have no clue if that could be the issue. Lots of things I am… a mechanic is not one of them.

Pro-piddler

Pro-piddler

Jul 17, 2020
Heber Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, that’s what I figured. I thought with a couple of warm, dry days it might dry out. I still don’t know what the “minus” (-) on the dash is indicating. Thanks for your input. I’ll chase it down, one way or another.

Reactions: Smitty335
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
I found this from another place talking about the 700 from a guy named @toodeep.
"Check the connectors at the shift solenoids (3 of them) on the front side of the motor for moisture. They are what supplies the oil pressure to the transmission so any moisture in there might mess with them. "
Worth the look anyway.
Should post up some pics of your ride..... And do an introduction.
Have a good day

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, that’s what I figured. I thought with a couple of warm, dry days it might dry out. I still don’t know what the “minus” (-) on the dash is indicating. Thanks for your input. I’ll chase it down, one way or another.
The - just means it's not recognizing a gear. I've had my P5 show that before when just sitting and if I rocked it back and forth a little it would show neutral.

Pro-piddler

Pro-piddler

Jul 17, 2020
Heber Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sorry… I didn’t know the protocol here. I’m from north-central Arkansas and have lived here all my life. I retired eight years ago and just piddle around now; thus the name Pro-Piddler ((Professional Piddler). Attached are a couple of pics of my ride. Pretty stock, I think. It’s a 2015 and I bought it about three or four years ago with very few miles and hours. These particular pics show a bus seat I added for a particular trip I anticipated taking. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out. I think I may have found my problem. My (new) battery was down today. I charged it and ran a mile and everything was fine. Does that make sense? The battery may be going back! Thanks for your help and I will really enjoy the fellowship of riders.

advertisement
Pro-piddler

Pro-piddler

Jul 17, 2020
Heber Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oooppps…
1B132D88 7CD7 4047 9A42 9D5F2B7E404E
8993B662 E4BC 433F B169 3A39305F1C6F
016961AD BD15 47BC 864D F8106C51BAE9

Pro-piddler

Pro-piddler

Jul 17, 2020
Heber Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks! I had it on the charger and I think that may have solved the problem. I sincerely appreciate the help.

Pro-piddler

Pro-piddler

Jul 17, 2020
Heber Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m a new guy to the forum, but I’m fairly confident my questions will not be. I run my 700-2 mostly on asphalt and the mud tires I have are about to need replacing. I currently have 26/8-14’s on the front and 26/10-14’s on the rear. I want to go to LT or even all weather auto tires, one size all the way around. Looking for suggestions on converting UTV to metric sizing. I think the biggest I can find and still stay with 14’s is 225/70-14. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I’m real cheap living on the old proverbial fixed income.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!