P1000 Won't start

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Just tipped the tank on the side and drained gas out with a siphon. No signs of water in it. Guess I'll see what happens on the next ride! I'm definitely raising that vent hose, not that I plan on being in deep water like that again but then again I didn't that night either haha

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just tipped the tank on the side and drained gas out with a siphon. No signs of water in it. Guess I'll see what happens on the next ride! I'm definitely raising that vent hose, not that I plan on being in deep water like that again but then again I didn't that night either haha
Yea I need to raise my vent hose also.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
You think it might sucked in gulp of water / mist thru the air intake?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Sigh... Back to not starting today.
I have spark on both plugs. Even though they were all tight, I removed, cleaned and coated the three ground points. The chassis ground had some hardened junk on it so I wire brushed them clean.

I got the service manual yesterday so I'm making some progress.
I'm getting DTC code 8-1 "Throttle Position sensor circuit low voltage". I'll do some more testing on the connections tomorrow. If no joy, I'll drag the machine up to the dealer. What a pain...

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I just got back from the dealer. They found 2 DTC codes 64 - Drive power circuit low voltage and 81 - Sub Tran position malfunction. (I thought it was 8-1)

They discovered the positive battery terminal was not bolted down tightly. I actually remember doing doing that on purpose while connecting the isolator and thinking that I have to remember to come back and tighten it up. On the way home tonight I thought I should change my forum user name to Bonehead but I think some already has that name.

On the plus side, the guys at the dealership were all impressed with the “profession wiring job and customizations i made” - at least on everything else except the battery terminal.

So they cleared the codes from the pcm and sent me on my way.

Good things - my P1000 was probably fine until I touched it and I’m back to enjoying it.

Anyway - I kinda want this whole thread to dissolve into history - but I figured I better come back here and finish the story.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I wonder what code reader u need to get codes or how does that work is it a flaming code on the dash?

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I wonder what code reader u need to get codes or how does that work is it a flaming code on the dash?
I believe the manual said you needed some kind of resistor plug thing that plugs in under the seat to get blink codes. I ordered one from the dealer so I hope to have it in a week or two and see how that works. Wish we could get the OE software

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I believe the manual said you needed some kind of resistor plug thing that plugs in under the seat to get blink codes. I ordered one from the dealer so I hope to have it in a week or two and see how that works. Wish we could get the OE software
what was the price

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!