P1000 Worn Tires Rubbing

C

Coldtrain

Aug 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I consider my search skills decent, but I haven’t found an answer to this. I have a 2017 1000-5 that I purchased new. I put a 2.5 lift and 29x11 terminators on it. When I first put them on, I would only get rubbing at lock and when flexing. I now have about 1500 miles on it and I have noticed that I am getting more rubbing. I don’t have to go to full lock and I will get some rubbing. What could cause this besides the springs getting weak already? Should I just crank the springs up more or go ahead and replace them?

Reactions: TxDoc
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I consider my search skills decent, but I haven’t found an answer to this. I have a 2017 1000-5 that I purchased new. I put a 2.5 lift and 29x11 terminators on it. When I first put them on, I would only get rubbing at lock and when flexing. I now have about 1500 miles on it and I have noticed that I am getting more rubbing. I don’t have to go to full lock and I will get some rubbing. What could cause this besides the springs getting weak already? Should I just crank the springs up more or go ahead and replace them?
Did you change your front a-arms?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely the springs settling with time and miles

C

Coldtrain

Aug 29, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spring sag is what I figured. The only other modification I made from stock was a custom roof. It’s 1/8th diamond plate steel. That probably helps add to the weight factor just a little.

Reactions: JenElio and Russ989

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!