Talon Would this void my Warranty?

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
s***, looks like fun to me. Wouldn’t it suck to trailer a submarine there just to cross the water?? Much more fun to drive where you want and how you want, it’s what we do. Now the warranty thing is different. Sure if you was worried about warranty you wouldn’t be doing it much less posting it. Warranty is last thing on my mind when I’m riding my Honda

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Well if it makes anyone feel any better.. it had around 35 miles on it before the submersion.
I don't give a sh#t what you do with it....its yours, not mine. I had my P5 in mud/water over the seat within the 1st week......whatever makes you smile :)

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m in middle Ga and we mainly mud but of course we like to find water to rinse off and cross our share of ponds to get to mud. FL probably has that sugar sand?? Few places we ride here has it and it’s evil with radiator.

HVYMTL

HVYMTL

Sep 17, 2019
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I’m in middle Ga and we mainly mud but of course we like to find water to rinse off and cross our share of ponds to get to mud. FL probably has that sugar sand?? Few places we ride here has it and it’s evil with radiator.
Yes we get sugar sand everywhere.. and during the summer rainy season.. It makes it challenging to get around sometimes..

Reactions: Eltobgi
H

HondaTech

I think it's quite irresponsible of Honda, and all the other UTV manufacturers, to not put the air intake at the highest possible location. They ALL should be factory snorkled!

Even Super Atvs snorkel/vent line kit tells you not to go in water above the manufacturer's recommended height.

If they snorkel it, then people are going to expect it to go deep in water. Putting the intake at the heights they do, keeps them from being responsible when you drown your UTV.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it's quite irresponsible of Honda, and all the other UTV manufacturers, to not put the air intake at the highest possible location. They ALL should be factory snorkled!

They are all about the average inseam height of an American male. I guess manufacturers assume a man doesn’t want to spend the day with soggy balls. Feel free to have a balls deep joke run through the gutters you all have got for minds, I’ll wait.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
They are all about the average inseam height of an American male. I guess manufacturers assume a man doesn’t want to spend the day with soggy balls. Feel free to have a balls deep joke run through the gutters you all have got for minds, I’ll wait.
You are correct, I don't want to spend the day with soggy balls, but just a couple of seconds at that depth can cause mucho damage. When you travel where I travel, you just never know how deep that "puddle" is, or if you'll slide down into deeper water when trying to skirt said puddle.

Reactions: ohanacreek
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
The Corp of Engineers has closed all of the good riding places in my area! When growing up and Teens we had some awesome muddy rides but no more! I don't want to do that anymore any ways, you guys Rock & Roll all you want. Nice video.

Reactions: Mudwing
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are correct, I don't want to spend the day with soggy balls, but just a couple of seconds at that depth can cause mucho damage. When you travel where I travel, you just never know how deep that "puddle" is, or if you'll slide down into deeper water when trying to skirt said puddle.
I have the privilege of being able to ride rocks and hills. I get geography dictating what you’re able to ride. I only have a snorkel in case that shallow puddle in the middle of a trail isn’t a shallow puddle. It’s an insurance policy that I never plan on using, mine was installed before Honda came out with the “splash fix” for the intake.

Right now all we have is dust I just took a cruise through our bone dry creek that usually has 3-4 feet of water in it even during the dry season.

Reactions: 70Bones and Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!