Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that sucks !!! Is there any Jeep trails up there I was going to put those on mine and then take a tire groover to the center lugs and cut them in half to open him up some more. I didn't know they had such laws of course I've only had my new year now. And have only Rode in Missouri

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
No jeep trails I'm aware of.

Rbol121

Rbol121

Mar 3, 2018
Livonia, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, bad news. Went out to garage today and saw some oil on floor, few drips. Looked underneath from the drivers side, midline of machine and oil all over bottom and side of engine. It's hard to see where it's coming from due to full skid plate. I'm not for sure what part of engine or transmission that is. No signs of this when bought it and only taken out for an hour,short easy ride Sunday. Have an appointment to drop off at dealership tomorrow, to say I'm pissed us understatement. Will try to post some pics

Reactions: Plumber32
Rbol121

Rbol121

Mar 3, 2018
Livonia, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sucks,
Chances are it is the oring on the filter housing.
Worst case would be porosity in filter housing or engine casing. All should be covered under warranty.
I would suggest checking oil level, but procedure says to run engine a few minutes before checking. Load it on the trailer and strap it down.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sucks,
Chances are it is the oring on the filter housing.
Worst case would be porosity in filter housing or engine casing. All should be covered under warranty.
I would suggest checking oil level, but procedure says to run engine a few minutes before checking. Load it on the trailer and strap it down.
What filter would that be I thought the engine and the transmission filter are to the right of where it's wet

Rbol121

Rbol121

Mar 3, 2018
Livonia, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What filter would that be I thought the engine and the transmission filter are to the right of where it's wet

Hard to say where it's originating, haven't had a chance to crawl under machine. NEOHIO, what's warranty on these machines. I Bought used and it's a 2016.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks like the engine oil filter housing right in the picture.
I thought it was a new machine by your post.
O-ring is dirt cheap.
If you want to try an oil change with new engine and dct filter, plus the 2 o-rings. It should get you back in the saddle.
Should be roughly $100 in parts, maybe less.
Warranty is 12 months from date of invoice. Have dealer run the vin, previous owner may have purchased extended warranty and didn't know.
I doubt they will cover an o-ring though. They could chalk it up as part of maintenance, as it is listed as replace during service.

Edit, I am wrong. I looked at the pics again. I will pull up parts fiche and see what I can find.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking in my service manual and online parts fiche.
I think that is the oil pan gasket. Roughly ~$10
If you are taking it to the dealer, spend some time removing the skid plate. This will help with labour charges for sure.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the dipstick... i had my initial service done at the dealer. They didnt have it screwed in right and it blew oil all over.

Rbol121

Rbol121

Mar 3, 2018
Livonia, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update, Update, Update........

I Heard from dealership on my "oil issue", it was the damn dipstick that was cross threaded when it was put back in, it had a gap and cause oil to spill out. When the prior dealer I had bought it from had checked the oil, Im guessing they cross-threaded it putting it back in. Big relief that is all it was. They are doing a oil/filters change and a cabin comfort kit is also being installed. I'm getting with the seller to try to get them to pay for some of the labor for this hassle that they caused. Shame on me for not looking closer at the dipstick.

As far as tires....I'm thinking about riding them out for a while to get every bit of tread out of them or keeping eyes open for good deals. I would rather use $$ now for a bed extender.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I Heard from dealership on my "oil issue", it was the damn dipstick that was cross threaded when it was put back in, it had a gap and cause oil to spill out. When the prior dealer I had bought it from had checked the oil, Im guessing they cross-threaded it putting it back in. Big relief that is all it was. They are doing a oil/filters change and a cabin comfort kit is also being installed. I'm getting with the seller to try to get them to pay for some of the labor for this hassle that they caused. Shame on me for not looking closer at the dipstick.

As far as tires....I'm thinking about riding them out for a while to get every bit of tread out of them or keeping eyes open for good deals. I would rather use $$ now for a bed extender.
Glad to hear that's all it was. Those dipsticks can be tricky, but a Honda trained tech should be aware of the proper way to screw 'em in.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Rbol121

Rbol121

Mar 3, 2018
Livonia, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad to hear that's all it was. Those dipsticks can be tricky, but a Honda trained tech should be aware of the proper way to screw 'em in.
The dealership I got it from was a Polaris dealership, it was a trade in. So his mechanics probably didn't know any better. Just a big relief on my end, always stressful buying used.

Reactions: 0860silverado
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The dealership I got it from was a Polaris dealership, it was a trade in. So his mechanics probably didn't know any better. Just a big relief on my end, always stressful buying used.

That explains it.

Those guys at "those dealerships" are used to seeing them burn up so I'm sure they just wanted to make sure it was a complete burn job.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Good call@ GlockMeister

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That explains it.

Those guys at "those dealerships" are used to seeing them burn up so I'm sure they just wanted to make sure it was a complete burn job.
Lol! (SMH). Or maybe it's because Popo mechanics don't get a lot of practice. Ya know...'cause Polaris machines never break? (Let the fun begin!)

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol! (SMH). Or maybe it's because Popo mechanics don't get a lot of practice. Ya know...'cause Polaris machines never break? (Let the fun begin!)
I hear they can run a fire extinguisher

Reactions: 0860silverado
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
yup @GlockMeister called it. but they also boogered up the threads so they are addressing that issue.
That’s easy to do on the Pioneer but it should just need a new dipstick

Reactions: Rbol121 and BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!