Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Might be but it shouldn't have done that. Just watch it if something's wrong it'll pop again

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: drfubar
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you reset it in between actual service periods, won't that screw it up keeping up with mileage/hours for the next service?

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you reset it in between actual service periods, won't that screw it up keeping up with mileage/hours for the next service?
I would think so but I didn't reset it. It went back out on it's own after about 30seconds... strange

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 22151

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"
@joeymt33 I have another question... I had the first service done and I asked if the computer resets itself or I would have to do it. The service guy said it would do it on it's own... so is that right? Should I have reset it?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33 I have another question... I had the first service done and I asked if the computer resets itself or I would have to do it. The service guy said it would do it on it's own... so is that right? Should I have reset it?

I've always reset mine myself after service. I've not let it go a few days to see what happens.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a suggestion Don. Keep the owners manual in the bathroom near the toilet. That way you can do some informative reading while doing your business. It's a big manual and nobody wants to waste time reading that thing (I know I didn't), but on the toilet is a great way to learn cool stuff about your rig. I still read mine when in there lol. Just a thought buddy.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh and wanna hit the Bull next week? It's been 2 weeks since mine has seen mud. Getting a little antsy here lol.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just a suggestion Don. Keep the owners manual in the bathroom near the toilet. That way you can do some informative reading while doing your business. It's a big manual and nobody wants to waste time reading that thing (I know I didn't), but on the toilet is a great way to learn cool stuff about your rig. I still read mine when in there lol. Just a thought buddy.
Ouch, I'm one of those who does read their manuals but obviously I don't retain much and the fella that did my first service said it resets itself..Don't know if he was messing with me or he didn't understand the question.. When I left there the wrench was gone so I assumed it was reset... When it popped up last night it surprised me. That's why all the questions from me. I though someone had experienced it at some point.
Oh and wanna hit the Bull next week? It's been 2 weeks since mine has seen mud. Getting a little antsy here lol.
Yes, to the Bull. Monday Tuesday Wednesday would be good. I can go Thursday but I don't get much time to clean up on Friday before I have to go to work and then the mud turns to cement and takes me 4 times as long to get it clean..

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Took a run into town a little while ago and tried to duplicate the wrench thingy... Nothing... Not sure what made it show up on the dash but glad it's gone.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ouch, I'm one of those who does read their manuals but obviously I don't retain much and the fella that did my first service said it resets itself..Don't know if he was messing with me or he didn't understand the question.. When I left there the wrench was gone so I assumed it was reset... When it popped up last night it surprised me. That's why all the questions from me. I though someone had experienced it at some point.

Yes, to the Bull. Monday Tuesday Wednesday would be good. I can go Thursday but I don't get much time to clean up on Friday before I have to go to work and then the mud turns to cement and takes me 4 times as long to get it clean..
Ouch? Dude I wasn't bashing. You know me better than that. Just suggesting it for bathroom reading material. There's so much info in there I have to refresh constantly (and still get stumped on a regular basis lol).
Hopefully your problem is just a glitch. Mine had one this week. Got in to make a Dairy Queen run and the 2wd lock indicator was lit up. Mines been in turf mode for last 2 weeks. I couldn't really tell if it was locked or not. I went through the gearbox selecting every drive mode then back to turf. After about 10 mins the 2wd lock flashed 2 or 3 times then went off. Hasn't been back yet so hoping it'll stay gone.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any rural roads connecting our 2 houses? If so we need to meet up and do some road driving lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh and holler whenever you go ride hwy 129. I don't care much for riding the dragons tail but I'd love to take the Cherohala hwy in the Pioneer. We could ride up together.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh and holler whenever you go ride hwy 129. I don't care much for riding the dragons tail but I'd love to take the Cherohala hwy in the Pioneer. We could ride up together.
Got to ride the dragon... That would be so much fun. The Cherohala is a high speed road...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got to ride the dragon... That would be so much fun. The Cherohala is a high speed road...
High speed? Yeah it's posted 40 compared to 35 for dragon tail lol. We just rode both little over a month ago. We liked Cherohala better. No scenery on the dragon, just curves. After curves. After curves lol. It'd probably be fun on stepsons cbr650f (which actually belongs to us), but on my Vulcan...not so much. The scenery in that area is second to none. We plan on going back soon. When I was about 10, we visited Field of the Wood. Would love to go back.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
High speed? Yeah it's posted 40 compared to 35 for dragon tail lol. We just rode both little over a month ago. We liked Cherohala better. No scenery on the dragon, just curves. After curves. After curves lol. It'd probably be fun on stepsons cbr650f (which actually belongs to us), but on my Vulcan...not so much. The scenery in that area is second to none. We plan on going back soon. When I was about 10, we visited Field of the Wood. Would love to go back.
Ok, I give up...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I give up...
We can still run down there together. You run the dragon trail and I'll stay on Cherohala. We can meet at that restaurant/motel that has the tree of shame. They have awesome chili fries!!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!