P500 Wrong Bushings for WE front shocks

H

Hoots346

Feb 1, 2019
United States
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone ever recieved the pack of bushings for the pioneer 500 wrong? All 16 bushings came the same. They fit the rear with just a little filing the rough edge inside off. Then slid over bolt well. I did notice. They still was about 1/8" narrow installed. But bolt bent brackets to contact bushings.
Bushings where to large inside diameter for front bolts. They flipped on the bolt. And I couldn't install my highly anticipated suspension

Reactions: BWAF and Eltobgi
H

Hoots346

Feb 1, 2019
United States
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone ever recieved the pack of bushings for the pioneer 500 wrong? All 16 bushings came the same. They fit the rear with just a little filing the rough edge inside off. Then slid over bolt well. I did notice. They still was about 1/8" narrow installed. But bolt bent brackets to contact bushings.
Bushings where to large inside diameter for front bolts. They flopped on the bolt. And I couldn't install my highly anticipated suspension

Reactions: BWAF
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Well , when you buy cheeeep stuff you get cheeep fitment . WOW ! For as much as they cost I would expect them to be absolutely PERFECT
I would be pissed .
Hope they're worth the cost and the pain in the butt they caused you .

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Mine came in correct and fit great. Love the shocks. Call them, I would think they would make it right.

Reactions: Chooglin
J

Jack_Burton

Dec 15, 2018
Stoddard Valley
Ownership

1. 500
Mine came in correct and fit great. Love the shocks. Call them, I would think they would make it right.

I get my WEs tomorrow hopefully they are gtg.

ETA: I finally got them today after WE delivered them to the wrong address.

I was able to track them down and get them before they walked away. I checked the package over and it did have the correct address marked on them, but it looked liked someone was trying to cut open the box. I told WE and they did not help at all. So much for customer service. Let's see how Elka turns out, I purchased my rear shocks from them.

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered too, spoke to Chris, he promised everything should be fine for the front shocks.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nobody asked why I'm getting second front shocks???? :)))

That's right, buying another P500 for my friend next week!!!

He gave me credit card and 3k limit on upgrades I decide first priority to install :))

Yey!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did negotiation on price, he saved 1400$, now I'm buying all upgrades,
shocks front,
full cab,
still debating glass vs poly winshield, diesel heater with remote,
new tires,
rear bumper,
second battery set up
Power steering

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I did negotiation on price, he saved 1400$, now I'm buying all upgrades,
shocks front,
full cab,
still debating glass vs poly winshield, diesel heater with remote,
new tires,
rear bumper,
second battery set up
Power steering

FIRST mod should be a locker if he's going to be following you!

WB

Reactions: solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FIRST mod should be a locker if he's going to be following you!

WB
I don't have locker myself. I prefer to keep diff open when ride in 4w

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I prefer to keep diff open when ride in 4w
Why is that your preference? I'm considering a locker and have been reading almost everything I can find about them. What seems to be missing in everything I have come across are negative comments. There must be some cogent reasons NOT to buy one.
Hopefully you can give a balancing opinion.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why is that your preference? I'm considering a locker and have been reading almost everything I can find about them. What seems to be missing in everything I have come across are negative comments. There must be some cogent reasons NOT to buy one.
Hopefully you can give a balancing opinion.
Well it just easier to steer and I go faster sometimes in 3 or 4 gear or ever 5 th on snowy roads. If I tackle rocky trails 1-2 gear in 4 w then yes to locker.
Basically in winter time I drive 4w all the time , like AWD mode in my Honda Ridgeline, so upgrading with locker will downgrade ability to drive faster and steer with out fear to wear it prematurely or break it.

I might be wrong. I would seek feed back from guys with locker , how fast they go and if they ride 4w most of the time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!