drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Who in the hell tightened those lug nuts or loosened them?o_O I want a full investigation and I want it now!:mad:
Went for ice cream after supper and made it halfway back to the house. Bang, the left rear dropped on the road and my tire and wheel went rolling by me. Lucky for us I was going about 20mph on a secondary road. I figure those 3 seaters have way more power and just twisted the wheel off.;) Of course I took my jack and lug wrench out of the Pioneer a couple days ago... Lucky for me there are good people in this world who wanted to help...:) Didn't bugger the studs and all four lug nuts were laying in the road about 30ft apart. Nothing tore up when I went dragging the left rear on the road either.... whew! Top that you axle breaking, A-arm bending whippersnappers!
20170626 1923541
20170626 1923421

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who in the hell tightened those lug nuts or loosened them?o_O I want a full investigation and I want it now!:mad:
Went for ice cream after supper and made it halfway back to the house. Bang, the left rear dropped on the road and my tire and wheel went rolling by me. Lucky for us I was going about 20mph on a secondary road. I figure those 3 seaters have way more power and just twisted the wheel off.;) Of course I took my jack and lug wrench out of the Pioneer a couple days ago... Lucky for me there are good people in this world who wanted to help...:) Didn't bugger the studs and all four lug nuts were laying in the road about 30ft apart. Nothing tore up when I went dragging the left rear on the road either.... whew! Top that you axle breaking, A-arm bending whippersnappers!
View attachment 47498 View attachment 47499
Your doing it wrong!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Not OEM wheels in the picture, who installed them and when was the last time the owner check them? Pre ride inspection and preventative maintenance are your friends.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not OEM wheels in the picture, who installed them and when was the last time the owner check them? Pre ride inspection and preventative maintenance are your friends.
I put them on... two weeks ago. Like I've done many times. for some reason that one got loose. I put them on with my power tool and then I go around and check each one with my lug wrench.. one of those things.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put them on... two weeks ago. Like I've done many times. for some reason that one got loose. I put them on with my power tool and then I go around and check each one with my lug wrench.. one of those things.

Maybe you just "forgot" in your older age to tighten one. It's tough love doc but it might be time to discuss some assisted living for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well, perhaps you did on 3 wheels. :D

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did ya make anyone mad at the ice cream place

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
If you would put rock lights on your rig you could see the lugs to tighten them upo_O and if you had whips you could have turned them on so the other motorist could see you bettero_O

D

Deleted member 3748

That happened to the front wheel of a RZR on one of our rides. A General went front end to front end with him, lifted it up with his winch, and pushed him backwards through a big water crossing. It was pretty impressive.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If I was a pioneer, I would rid myself of street tires also!

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

Drfubar, that was just one of the four, you better be ready for the other three to fall off!

You at least could've used an all-terrain tire that way the pioneer may decide to keep them attached.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!