BOX1

P700 XT springs on stock rear shocks?

Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone tried putting Can Am Commander springs on a stock rear P-700 shocks? I bought a set of XT shocks and the rears are leaking. I got em for dirt cheap so I don't feel ripped off. I think I can put the XT springs on the stock pioneer rears even though they are a wider spring, I may have to add a large washer for the top and bottom spring seats.

With the Xts in the front and a 2" spacer in the rear it sits level, so I think this will work as far as height.

Any insight? I realize the rebound wont be as nice as the XT shocks.......

Reactions: Backwoods
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Never tried it but i always wanted to see what it was like. I feel the honda shocks are good but the springs are just too weak for the shock setting. Could be a nice ride or could be almost the same. Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!