100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Apparently Yanmar is now making side-by-side‘s I saw 2 seaters, 3 seaters, and 6 seaters. All of these are being sold at tractor supply. I like my Yanmar excavator but I’m not so sure about the side-by-side. I wonder what kind of engine they have in them and if it’s quality or not?
4D339775 39EE 4E10 A8D6 9FFF94B3DFB4
4AE74EFD 993C 43BF 9DB3 BD9BF0FD06BF

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
As a former Deere dealer, I am familiar with Yanmar stuff, and it was always good stuff. When I saw this post, I immediately thought they had gone to Hisun for a China copy special, but it looks like they hooked up with Yamaha.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Apparently Yanmar is now making side-by-side‘s I saw 2 seaters, 3 seaters, and 6 seaters. All of these are being sold at tractor supply. I like my Yanmar excavator but I’m not so sure about the side-by-side. I wonder what kind of engine they have in them and if it’s quality or not?
View attachment 223991View attachment 223992
Hopefully they aren't as tipsy as their old tractors!

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hopefully they aren't as tipsy as their old tractors!

How old are we talking? I ran them as the 50 Series Deere, and didn't find them to be particularly tipsy compared to same vintage CUT's from the competition. They all needed lots of counterweight for loader work, for sure. My beef was the hydraulics were incredibly slow. Not enough pump. And the bull-gear reduction was prone to knocking seals out, versus planetaries.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How old are we talking? I ran them as the 50 Series Deere, and didn't find them to be particularly tipsy compared to same vintage CUT's from the competition. They all needed lots of counterweight for loader work, for sure. My beef was the hydraulics were incredibly slow. Not enough pump. And the bull-gear reduction was prone to knocking seals out, versus planetaries.
In the 50's, when I say tipsy I mean side to side, we graduated from a Ford 601 workmaster gas, to an International 484 Diesel. My MIL had a yanmar and it was scary. It was smaller in size but I can remember her not letting the grandsons use it. When I was 12 I ran an old International H tricycle bush hogging and it was a handful.