P1000 Year model and color panel design

JC_Natural

JC_Natural

Feb 12, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own
I have managed to find a 1000-5 deluxe but it is not in a color I want. I am considering swapping the color panels and have read lots of good info here on the forum about doing this. What I am unable to find clarity on is whether there are differences in panel design across model years. Is there any reason I couldn't put 2016-2020 year model panels on a 2021? 2021 panel prices are pretty high ($2300~ for the 8-piece set) where the older models are much cheaper. I don't think the design has changed but wanted some feedback from you guys on this. The only thing that I can think of would be the front fender assembly potentially having a different layout in the battery/airbox compartment.

Thanks for any feedback.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I had similar thoughts a few months ago and was unable to find an answer here. I spoke with a couple of parts guys about buying different year panels. They seemed to think the panels were interchangeable but made not clear and definite statements.

I lost interest when I was unable to find the yellow panels I wanted and decided it was a foolish expense.

I think a wrap or repainting of the original panels probably makes more sense.

I don't like red but I've grown accustomed to my red Honda.

Z1986

Z1986

Jan 24, 2022
Grand Junction
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had similar thoughts a few months ago and was unable to find an answer here. I spoke with a couple of parts guys about buying different year panels. They seemed to think the panels were interchangeable but made not clear and definite statements.

I lost interest when I was unable to find the yellow panels I wanted and decided it was a foolish expense.

I think a wrap or repainting of the original panels probably makes more sense.

I don't like red but I've grown accustomed to my red Honda.
I just recently purchased a 2018 with the yellow panels, if I find the white ones I’m wanting would you be interested? They’re basically brand new the machine only had 466miles on it and was stored inside the guys shop.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I just recently purchased a 2018 with the yellow panels, if I find the white ones I’m wanting would you be interested? They’re basically brand new the machine only had 466miles on it and was stored inside the guys shop.
I'm interested. If you find the white panels you want let me know.

My Pioneer is a base model so the only colored panels are the hood and the hood surround which are, of course red. Is your Pioneer also a base model 3 seat?0

Z1986

Z1986

Jan 24, 2022
Grand Junction
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Pioneer is a base model so the only colored panels are the hood and the hood surround which are, of course red. Is your Pioneer also a base model 3 seat?0
The I purchased in the 1000-5 Deluxe so there’s a few more panels than what you’d need.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

The I purchased in the 1000-5 Deluxe so there’s a few more panels than what you’d need.
Side (door) color panels probably not interchangeable between P1K3 and P1k5. You may prefer to sell panels to someone with a P1k5.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm old and can't see as well as I once could so I can drive a little slower.

I'm not a real big fan of the Honda yellow but it saved my life a number of times on a 2010 Goldwing

SD Goldwing Trip Mar 11 009

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

I like the yellow panels on your buggy. I'm interested if you find white replacements.

Perhaps the front doors of 3 and 5 seaters are he same size? Does anyone know?

Also, what is used to attach the color panels to the doors on a Deluxe?

Do the Deluxe doors have threaded fittings in the doors to attach the color panels?

advertisement
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have managed to find a 1000-5 deluxe but it is not in a color I want. I am considering swapping the color panels and have read lots of good info here on the forum about doing this. What I am unable to find clarity on is whether there are differences in panel design across model years. Is there any reason I couldn't put 2016-2020 year model panels on a 2021? 2021 panel prices are pretty high ($2300~ for the 8-piece set) where the older models are much cheaper. I don't think the design has changed but wanted some feedback from you guys on this. The only thing that I can think of would be the front fender assembly potentially having a different layout in the battery/airbox compartment.

Thanks for any feedback.

Year model does not matter. I have a 2021 1000-5 and put 2016 panels on it no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There have been some posts here about poorly fitting panels, i.e. mounting holes in the panels not lining up with the threaded holes and far enough off that there's no quick and easy way (short of moving the threaded inserts). Before I'd pay the asking prices on new panels, I'd seriously consider some of the spray paints for plastic, though scratches will show the original color. :(

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!