P1000m5 ADVBUM's Trail Jack - Innovative Design

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Proud to show you something I came up with and have been working on. I wanted a jack for my Pioneer. I have looked and searched and did not find what I wanted. I had seen some very nice jacks but they were expensive and did not function, mount or have the lifting range or weight capacity I wanted. I started thinking basic but as I got going I told myself why cant I make something that does everything those others do. This jack does everything the others do and more. It mounts keeping the weight down low. It can access many more mounting spots on the vehicle than the expensive ones can. It is completely adjustable and has a very high lifting range for many different lifting circumstances.

Jack mounted directly into the receiver.
Bums jack

20240131 1219461

I wanted to keep my recovery shackle so I made a double mounting receiver.
20240131 1225321

20240131 1250421

20240131 1226121

20240131 1227161

I have it so you can use a drill to operate or hand crank if no power.
20240131 1241141

I have reached out to a couple companies to see if they would be interested partnering and putting this into their product line.

Last edited:
M

mactoyscb

May 10, 2022
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might get frozen up in colder areas? We see lots of mud and water in my area as well in the warmer months. Love the idea, might make something similar and just mount it inside somewhere. Usually have a chainsaw in the back on one side, I could figure out a spot on the other for something like this. Great design.
20240129 193136

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might get frozen up in colder areas? We see lots of mud and water in my area as well in the warmer months. Love the idea, might make something similar and just mount it inside somewhere. Usually have a chainsaw in the back on one side, I could figure out a spot on the other for something like this. Great design. View attachment 416884
Nice part about keeping the shackle and having the double mount is it rides higher. I have neoprene sleeves on it to help keep mud, dirt and sand from getting into the jack. It would be easy to make a whole cover.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once again really like the idea. I'm getting ready to put some tracks on my utv and wanted something that was stable and locked in more than a handy man jack. I had the same idea with an adjustable mount but never thought about putting it in the receiver and a great way to store it. Do you have a mount in the front?

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once again really like the idea. I'm getting ready to put some tracks on my utv and wanted something that was stable and locked in more than a handy man jack. I had the same idea with an adjustable mount but never thought about putting it in the receiver and a great way to store it. Do you have a mount in the front?
No mount in the front. It fits nicely in the wheel well to lift from where the A arm mounts to the frame.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ADVBUM, Thank you for the idea and photos. I'm calling my buddy, a patent lawyer, to split the revenues with him on this.

Just kidding.

When my father thought up New solutions to unsolved problems...

My mother would say
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.”

I do believe you're onto something.. Good luck on your advancement with this.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ADVBUM, Thank you for the idea and photos. I'm calling my buddy, a patent lawyer, to split the revenues with him on this.

Just kidding.

When my father thought up New solutions to unsolved problems...

My mother would say
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.”

I do believe you're onto something.. Good luck on your advancement with this.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 2023 using Tapatalk
Thank you. There is a whole process to the patent process. Going public to show your product and that it functions is the first step. Not something I was planning.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you. There is a whole process to the patent process. Going public to show your product and that it functions is the first step. Not something I was planning.
Not entirely accurate. You can take out a Provisional Patent with the idea and what it will comprise of. Gives you a year to produce and possibly market your product. Costs about $100. A full on patent costs about $10k and is essentially worthless but that's a whole different conversation. Nice job btw. :cool:

A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not entirely accurate. You can take out a Provisional Patent with the idea and what it will comprise of. Gives you a year to produce and possibly market your product. Costs about $100. A full on patent costs about $10k and is essentially worthless but that's a whole different conversation. Nice job btw. :cool:
Thank you. At least I know I can count on my offroad friends not to support some POS that would try to rip me off.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Proud to show you something I came up with and have been working on. I wanted a jack for my Pioneer. I have looked and searched and did not find what I wanted. I had seen some very nice jacks but they were expensive and did not function, mount or have the lifting range or weight capacity I wanted. I started thinking basic but as I got going I told myself why cant I make something that does everything those others do. This jack does everything the others do and more. It mounts keeping the weight down low. It can access many more mounting spots on the vehicle than the expensive ones can. It is completely adjustable and has a very high lifting range for many different lifting circumstances.

Jack mounted directly into the receiver.
View attachment 416871

View attachment 416872

I wanted to keep my recovery shackle so I made a double mounting receiver.
View attachment 416874
View attachment 416878
View attachment 416875
View attachment 416876
I have it so you can use a drill to operate or hand crank if no power.
View attachment 416877

I have reached out to a couple companies to see if they would be interested partnering and putting this into their product line.
That's cool, curious to see how/where it lifts up front? sides?

Reactions: Buggyman and TxDoc
M

mactoyscb

May 10, 2022
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The wife just got me one of these for Christmas, specifically for the SXSs:

View attachment 416894
Yes, @Robobrainiac, I will remember batteries. :p
I have a M18 battery saw, mounted in a Kolpin Sawpress, Works great. Best part about the battery saw I find, is they work great for guys who only use saws intermittently. It can sit there in the back for months and as soon as I hit the trigger it is ready. No gas to foul up carbs, or finicky mixing of fuel. Big fan.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used a 48" high lift jack for my rear bumper. This, I think, has an advantage as it has the capability to lift from front, rear and either side of the vehicle and can raise it much higher than a trailer tongue jack. I used brackets that are listed on Amazon, and made reinforcements cut from a short length of steel tubing, so the bracket clamps can be torqued down hard and not dent the thin wall roll bar tubing. I was going to mount the jack "inside" to the upper roll bar, but this old man would have struggled to get it out and put it away again. This location works well and surprisingly detracts near nothing from departure angle.

20210819 221858 jpg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!