P1000 Discount on Baja Design Lights

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm just wondering if Baja Design has a discount for any forum members? It's getting close to winter and the days are getting shorter and I still haven't landed on any lights yet. I'm looking at the Squadron-R Sport and the Squadron-R Pro. I just viewed some pictures of the difference between the two and it's a no brainer the Pro is the best by far, but the price, ooooh. I'm also looking at some cheap lights for flood and backup. The Sylvania off road lights are cheap and the reviews don't look bad. Chime if anyone has used any the lights, would love real world info.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm just wondering if Baja Design has a discount for any forum members? It's getting close to winter and the days are getting shorter and I still haven't landed on any lights yet. I'm looking at the Squadron-R Sport and the Squadron-R Pro. I just viewed some pictures of the difference between the two and it's a no brainer the Pro is the best by far, but the price, ooooh. I'm also looking at some cheap lights for flood and backup. The Sylvania off road lights are cheap and the reviews don't look bad. Chime if anyone has used any the lights, would love real world info.

If there not a vender on the forum then most likely nutin honey!

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If there not a vender on the forum then most likely nutin honey!
That's what I figured but just thought I double check. Maybe someone need to introduce them to forum. Reason I ask also is I was reading a truck forum they got a discount and I also want to see if anyone was running the lights and get real world information if their worth the money.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I figured but just thought I double check. Maybe someone need to introduce them to forum. Reason I ask also is I was reading a truck forum they got a discount and I also want to see if anyone was running the lights and get real world information if their worth the money.

We ran their lights for years when we raced Score and Best in the Desert. Great lights for sure, but a bit of over kill for a sxs unless you have money to burn. They are expensive, but great quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am running a couple sets of BD cubes, VERY satisfied with them, 2 on front bumper and one each A piller.
20210525 195204

advertisement
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We ran their lights for years when we raced Score and Best in the Desert. Great lights for sure, but a bit of over kill for a sxs unless you have money to burn. They are expensive, but great quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
High $ I know. I found the Sport's for $206 a pair and the Pro's for $360 a pair but the Pro's throw is so much more. Dam near double. And one thing that I do with my SXS is check cows and calves and look for deere and I like to see a long way out even if I'm only moving about 3 mph. Don't think I too crazy, I don't check cows in the dark but there are times I have to be in the field after dark and if you don't go slow and look hard you can run over a new calf easy, they don't move until your on top them sometimes. Plus, when I'm out, it's nice to get a look at the big buck. But I still agree that the higher dollar lights are over kill. I don't think the ones I'm looking at fall into category but the Pro's are still high for my budget.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, I see one that would work for the back light but I need pods for the spot and floods and I'd like to round ones. Just like the look better.

Staying with "round" is going to cut way down on your choices. There was once a reason for round, as with a single light source lamp, as in an incandescent light of yesteryear, a round reflector was more efficient. With multiple LEDs, using multiple small reflectors, a rectangular or square shape makes more sense and takes the lead in terms of use of space efficiency.

This is for sure not wanting for light brightness. The roof bar and side pods are by Nilight and cost well under $200 combined.
20211017 112959

Last edited:
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Staying with "round" is going to cut way down on your choices. There was once a reason for round, as with a single light source lamp, as in an incandescent light of yesteryear, a round reflector was more efficient. With multiple LEDs, using multiple small reflectors, a rectangular or square shape makes more sense and takes the lead in terms of use of space efficiency.

This is for sure not wanting for light brightness. The roof bar and side pods are by Nilight and cost well under $200 combined.
View attachment 352754Well their not what I say complete round, here's pic.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got a cheap 30" light bar but I think I'm going to mount it on my tractor cab. Every now and then I have to feed in the dark in winter. I looked at mounting it on the SXS but don't like any of the mount points. I can't block any more radiator air flow, I don't want to mount it on or in front of the roof because of tree limbs and don't want to mount it right below the windshield because the glare off the hood. I have a perfect spot on my front bumper for the spot/combos that will protect them some and pillar mounts for the flood lights because they mostly be pointing to the side for what I use them for. Here's some pictures of my rig so you can get and idea of what I'm talking about.

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Are they the Pro or the Sport? What are them tires your running, I like'm.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got a cheap 30" light bar but I think I'm going to mount it on my tractor cab. Every now and then I have to feed in the dark in winter. I looked at mounting it on the SXS but don't like any of the mount points. I can't block any more radiator air flow, I don't want to mount it on or in front of the roof because of tree limbs and don't want to mount it right below the windshield because the glare off the hood. I have a perfect spot on my front bumper for the spot/combos that will protect them some and pillar mounts for the flood lights because they mostly be pointing to the side for what I use them for. Here's some pictures of my rig so you can get and idea of what I'm talking about.View attachment 352763View attachment 352764
No glare off the hood of mine. 21" Traveller brand from Tractor Supply. 7200 lumens i think. It lights up over 100 yards away. I like the light bar up higher so it can shine over tall grass. I do like the looks of those pods you're looking at.
20220402 155102

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No glare off the hood of mine. 21" Traveller brand from Tractor Supply. 7200 lumens i think. It lights up over 100 yards away. I like the light bar up higher so it can shine over tall grass. I do like the looks of those pods you're looking at.
View attachment 352795
I see, may look a the light bar again. Your right about up high, I had a light and two pods on the roof of my Gator and they did a good job when the weeds got tall. Somethings in real tall over grown stuff the would almost blinded with the light reflecting off the weeds.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!