P1000m5 ADVBUM's Trail Jack - Innovative Design

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a M18 battery saw, mounted in a Kolpin Sawpress, Works great. Best part about the battery saw I find, is they work great for guys who only use saws intermittently. It can sit there in the back for months and as soon as I hit the trigger it is ready. No gas to foul up carbs, or finicky mixing of fuel. Big fan.
Buddy of mine got one. We used it repairing fence on a steep slope. Very nice to carry and light.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just watch out for China. It's not a matter of if they will clone you, it's a matter of when. It's my belief that they have software that crawls eBay and Amazon looking for good selling items to clone. Yeah, I still get some sales on Amazon but ebay is basically dead. There are over 20 Chinese listings there selling my exact idea with my photos and old descriptions. Ebay and Amazon literally suggest these cheaper options to consumers on your item page when someone is there. They encourage this crap. It's good to see you try to find someone else to make and sell them and I suggest that if you get that far, be sure to stay on specialized websites and off the other two. People ask, "why didn't you get a patent?" I say well, if Ford or Apple can't stop them how can I. There's a netflix documentary where a Chinese "artist" cloned priceless paintings and a third party made millions from his "work".... long story short is that it is customary/traditional there to copy things. At first, the guy literally didn't understand why everyone was so pissed. I wish you good luck and hope you can avoid the mistakes I made.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just watch out for China. It's not a matter of if they will clone you, it's a matter of when. It's my belief that they have software that crawls eBay and Amazon looking for good selling items to clone. Yeah, I still get some sales on Amazon but ebay is basically dead. There are over 20 Chinese listings there selling my exact idea with my photos and old descriptions. Ebay and Amazon literally suggest these cheaper options to consumers on your item page when someone is there. They encourage this crap. It's good to see you try to find someone else to make and sell them and I suggest that if you get that far, be sure to stay on specialized websites and off the other two. People ask, "why didn't you get a patent?" I say well, if Ford or Apple can't stop them how can I. There's a netflix documentary where a Chinese "artist" cloned priceless paintings and a third party made millions from his "work".... long story short is that it is customary/traditional there to copy things. At first, the guy literally didn't understand why everyone was so pissed. I wish you good luck and hope you can avoid the mistakes I made.
And you'd have to get an international patent on top of the US one. There is no patent police either, if someone is infringing then you have to prosecute and it's going to cost a lot. If they copy your product but make it from a different material or alter the design by 30% then your patent is worthless.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
And you'd have to get an international patent on top of the US one. There is no patent police either, if someone is infringing then you have to prosecute and it's going to cost a lot. If they copy your product but make it from a different material or alter the design by 30% then your patent is worthless.
Yup, I've had other ideas but at this point I'd rather sit on them than support China.

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc
A

ADVBUM

Dec 10, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your are referring to a design patent vs a utility patent.

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!