thashane

Lifetime Member
Oct 19, 2020
norCa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You ever end up buying BD lights @Bighat

For anyone else that stumbles upon this in search, the best time to buy BD lights is black friday/cyber monday. I've bought them before with a 10-20% discount from a supplier like polyperformance, or cjc offroad, when BD also had a mail-in rebate running at the same time. This year's BF sale wasn't as good as years past.

I have the squadron sports (6) on the YXZ and have some on the shelf for the P1K5. I was a strong believer in the cheapest LED off of Amazon for a long time, assuming they all come out of the same factory. But when I put them on the YXZ they created alot of noise through my intercom/radio. The BD sports were no comparison. I'm sure the china lights are catching up, but I have no regrets of buying the BD's.

You mentioned checking cattle, fence, ect, I use a streamlight ultrastinger, and you can look out pretty far (they say 510m, I believe it, not sure I can see detail that far out though). Also worth it. It's actually the light that also convinced me to upgrade my LED standards. You could even mount a 12v charger for it in the pioneer if you're using it a bunch.

20191005 100250

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!