P1000 Yet another drive mode issue...

W

WVMatthews1982

Apr 10, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We recently had our 2020 1000-5 deluxe out. Notice right off it wouldn't go into turf mode, even after numerous adjustments in the cable box located @ drivers rear passenger. Nothing new, however its not even registering on the Hud that its in 2wd lock... nor even when I shift into 4wd or 4wd lock. Any ideas? Is this more than a cable adjustment issue or considering the dash issues would this be a sensor or component issue? Thanks

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the rear cable and switch lever for free movement of the cable and look for dirt packed around the engagement lever, keeping it from moving. Get all four wheels off the ground, put it in 2WD and see if the rear differential is locking and unlocking properly (regardless of what the dash board says).

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you get the rear end jacked up so you can turn the back wheels to see and test what's actually goin on within the little box with the cable adjustments that harness the tachyon particles with trans-dimensional quantum materialization actuality?

W

WVMatthews1982

Apr 10, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check the rear cable and switch lever for free movement of the cable and look for dirt packed around the engagement lever, keeping it from moving. Get all four wheels off the ground, put it in 2WD and see if the rear differential is locking and unlocking properly (regardless of what the dash board says).

Did you get the rear end jacked up so you can turn the back wheels to see and test what's actually goin on within the little box with the cable adjustments that harness the tachyon particles with trans-dimensional quantum materialization actuality?

Dont go by the book completly if you do your going to have trouble.Most of the time the cable needs just a turn or two.The box and dash read off each other.
I have jacked rear wheels off the ground... will not unlock rear diff. I have adjusted to the point beyond the factory marks where they completely are forward and aft of the marks. Just to get a response. Afraid I've screwed something up somehow. I did notice when it shifts into 4wd that its extremely labored which it wasn't before.

Reactions: Smitty335
mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have jacked rear wheels off the ground... will not unlock rear diff. I have adjusted to the point beyond the factory marks where they completely are forward and aft of the marks. Just to get a response. Afraid I've screwed something up somehow. I did notice when it shifts into 4wd that its extremely labored which it wasn't before.
So when you lift it off the ground and then move it out of PARK, the real wheels never unlock? Look at the shift lever on top of the rear differential and see if it is moving. It is under a metal shield. Make sure this lever is moving when you move the lever. You could go as far as removing the cover and disconnecting the cable to check that the rear diff locks and unlocks properly. You will need a helper for this test. One to hold the lever and one to turn the axles. Picture is of the lever with the protective cover removed. Service manual Page 19-12.

W

WVMatthews1982

Apr 10, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So when you lift it off the ground and then move it out of PARK, the real wheels never unlock? Look at the shift lever on top of the rear differential and see if it is moving. It is under a metal shield. Make sure this lever is moving when you move the lever. You could go as far as removing the cover and disconnecting the cable to check that the rear diff locks and unlocks properly. You will need a helper for this test. One to hold the lever and one to turn the axles. Picture is of the lever with the protective cover removed. Service manual Page 19-12.

View attachment 345742
Correct... it never the rear differential never disengages.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!