nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still MORE???????

I've got my work cut out for me. I left the rears in the box.

Aarms

WOW...what a s***ty picture. On the wife's x-mas eve dinner table. I didn't have much time.....LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and JTW
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are those the SATV Ball joints? Let me know if they fit right, the front lower's I got seem to be too long. The tops are correct. I am waiting to hear back from SATV after the holidays. In the mean ti.e I have ordered stock ball joints so I can finish the install of my arched SATV Arms. I have a big trip planned in 3 weeks and need to get the pioneer going again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nitzo and TripleB
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are those the SATV Ball joints? Let me know if they fit right, the front lower's I got seem to be too long. The tops are correct. I am waiting to hear back from SATV after the holidays. In the mean ti.e I have ordered stock ball joints so I can finish the install of my arched SATV Arms. I have a big trip planned in 3 weeks and need to get the pioneer going again.

Yes, they are from SATV. I'm hoping they are correct, they are the ones they sent me. It's going to be awhile before I get this thing all apart and back together. The arms are going to have to make a trip to the powder coater and he's way backed up. Sounds like you will need yours before I can give you any good information. I'll keep you posted as I find things out and let me know how your install goes.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Ok guys. I've read almost every thread on here about wheels and tires. I have to say I have learned a lot and I'm as confused as ever. Lol

I ride alone a lot in remote areas, so, dependability is important to me. What I know (or think I know): I want bead-lock rims. I want all four wheels and tires to be the same size and also 6ply. I don't want to add a lift kit to the unit. I just want to be able to bolt the wheels and tires on and go. I will be riding mostly on Florida sand trails and roads, very little pavement, very little rocky areas, some mud.

If ya'll would, tell me what to get.

Thanks

I'm running these tires with SATV a-arms. I ride a lot on pavement, dirt, and county maintained limerock roads here in north Florida. I had the front end machine aligned and the tires balanced and they don't shake at all at any speed and they are wearing very well. They do surprisingly well in mud too. For the money, I don't think they can be beat. In 2WD they aren't the greatest in sugar sand, but that's why we have 4WD.

https://www.amazon.com/Set-FOUR-Forceum-Plus-Tires/dp/B07P8TMQWJ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: nitzo
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
BTW, I'm running 15" wheels with 1 1/2" spacers on the rear.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
12” 5+2 beadlocks (original STI’s)

28” Braven Berserkers

RB3 wheel spacer kit.

Well I guess skid plates are next. Ya'll wanna help me spend some more money?
Which ones? Where should I get them from? Installation advice?

Thanks guys. :D

Reactions: JTW
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made my own using the DIY skid plate from @Bones. I used his template and added a 1/2 on both sides and pocketed all the bolt points to protect the screen heads. I also welded on the 3/16 tube stiffeners from REC stuff on the outer tubes to try and prevent damage and also give me something to mount the skid plate too. 7705b1572f687f60e1b55f24f010d1cd6ed85e036f2c953390ab9b6d33d7a8d2Baf7aa623fcd0bd8d94df776ab87d5a7C3f3a9be70c9e4895fb3a4f501b6fc58

J

JTW

Well I guess skid plates are next. Ya'll wanna help me spend some more money?
Which ones? Where should I get them from? Installation advice?

Thanks guys. :D
I made my own from a 5x10’ 1/2” sheet of UHMW.. but if you don’t want to make your own. Trail armor is prolly the best least expensive route. But I think they’re a 3 piece skid. They also have a forum discount. I prolly have more in mine doing it myself plus my hardware than if I have just bought the TA.

Reactions: nitzo
nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made my own from a 5x10’ 1/2” sheet of UHMW.. but if you don’t want to make your own. Trail armor is prolly the best least expensive route. But I think they’re a 3 piece skid. They also have a forum discount. I prolly have more in mine doing it myself plus my hardware than if I have just bought the TA.

This look like the route I'm going to go, thanks.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also welded on the 3/16 tube stiffeners from REC stuff on the outer tubes to try and prevent damage and also give me something to mount the skid plate too.

? What do you mean by this? You bought them here?

MikeyXX

MikeyXX

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2019
Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Can
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which thread would help me determine rim and tire size? I have a 2 inch lift to put on. Spacers required I'm told, so they are in boxes waiting. I'm told stock wheels will look silly. I do mostly dirt trails and snow. Some pavement to get there. Some rock, but just trail rocks.

I think I'll do the rim locks as well, but I too would like same size all around and buy a spare and hang on back. Stock tires are doing well currently.

Hope this is not a hijack as it's related and he got his answer :)

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well..............

Shocks

I guess I'm ready to start my build, all the stuff is here......No wait, I have the wrong ball joints, they are the Super ATV Heavy Duty ones that sell for $287. Ya''ll know the ones that everyone that has ordered them has the wrong ones. They are the ones that don't fit right. They are the ones that Super ATV says are the right ones. Yes, they are the ones that Super ATV doesn't answer e-mails about......Ya, those are the ones.:mad:

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well..............

I guess I'm ready to start my build, all the stuff is here......No wait, I have the wrong ball joints, they are the Super ATV Heavy Duty ones that sell for $287. Ya''ll know the ones that everyone that has ordered them has the wrong ones. They are the ones that don't fit right. They are the ones that Super ATV says are the right ones. Yes, they are the ones that Super ATV doesn't answer e-mails about......Ya, those are the ones.:mad:

I've calmed down a bit since that last post. They (Super ATV) have assured me that the ball joints are right and that they are safe. OK, we shall see.

Pressed and ready........

Balljoints

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've calmed down a bit since that last post. They (Super ATV) have assured me that the ball joints are right and that they are safe. OK, we shall see.

Pressed and ready........

UPDATE: This PM came to me from another member yesterday..............WTF, huh????

Hey I got a call back from Courtney from SATV tech support. She said she final talked with their quality group and they agree they are the wrong ones for the lower ball joint. She is sending a me a return label for the two lower ball joints and will refund my money. She says they currently do not have a fix for the lower joint.

Well, now that this development has risen, anyone have a good idea where to get a decent balljoint? I'm serious. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bastardchild
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my OEM ones from partzilla. Arrived really quick.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!