Multi Your impact from Covid-19

What has been your impact from Cov-19? You can change your response anytime.

• Tested by medical authorities, no Cov-19 exposure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Laid off, employer out of business

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I want to personally thank you - and every American farmer, as well as those who support their efforts - who continue to do your work, day by day, to assure that we, the consuming public have what we need to survive.

Steve

You don't need to thank me... i'm just doing my job. One of the things that is good about it is that sometimes I can get one of our customers out of a bind and get them up and running. We make hydraulic hoses. When a hydraulic line breaks on a tractor or implement, you're shut down. If they do make us close our doors, my cell phone number is on the door and I can be here in 5 minutes to make a new hose and get them going. You wouldn't believe how often we make hydraulic hoses. We don't have "big" farmers around here. The vast majority of them that come here are struggling every day to make ends meet and it's very depressing to see how hard they work for the little (if any) reward they get for it. It's absolutely a labor of love. They do it because they don't know any other way. Honestly, I don't understand it. But it's an incredibly necessary occupation. Since this past summer, I've been to two auctions within 5 miles of our location. Local farmers that hung it up. That's been the trend for years. There's another one coming up next month, one of our most loyal customers. He has been working for a long time with a bad hip. Can't afford to get a hip replacement, and can't get any help for it. It's an absolute shame and it disgusts me that the hardest working people can't get the help they need while the deadbeats get everything.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Went to the local grocery store (Crest Foods in Midwest City, OK). I'm pleased to say that the shelves were stocked (mostly) and the crowds were thinned. The only thing I was unable to find was hydrogen peroxide. Crest Foods does an excellent job in the central Oklahoma region in my estimation. Kudos to them!

Steve

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We’re they good on antibacterial/viral cleaners???

Reactions: Isaiah
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm retired and was planning a trip to the desert southwest shortly (new Talon) but I've decided that if things get worse I'd rather be home (Denver-ish) than alone in the desert. As an introvert, it isn't the alone that bothers me, it's the problems unemployment might be causing others to be stoopit and see my lone camper as a source of 'stuff'. :eek:

I was also headed for Alaska this summer with the Talon but I don't see that happening either. :(

At home, I'm not touching gas nozzles and keypads and doG knows what else might be carrying something that might kill me. I've never been 'afraid' of illness before but this one has my attention. :oops:

So I'll be staying home until things settle down. Once the snow melts and mud dries up, I'll probably take a few day trips into the mountains to get some break-in miles - it's that new - it's only been on and off the trailer, there's no place close to ride. We can't make our UTVs street legal here.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm retired and was planning a trip to the desert southwest shortly (new Talon) but I've decided that if things get worse I'd rather be home (Denver-ish) than alone in the desert. As an introvert, it isn't the alone that bothers me, it's the problems unemployment might be causing others to be stoopit and see my lone camper as a source of 'stuff'. :eek:

I was also headed for Alaska this summer with the Talon but I don't see that happening either. :(

At home, I'm not touching gas nozzles and keypads and doG knows what else might be carrying something that might kill me. I've never been 'afraid' of illness before but this one has my attention. :oops:

So I'll be staying home until things settle down. Once the snow melts and mud dries up, I'll probably take a few day trips into the mountains to get some break-in miles - it's that new - it's only been on and off the trailer, there's no place close to ride. We can't make our UTVs street legal here.
Sounds like you’re making prudent plans....

Reactions: CID and Isaiah
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You can ride them on national forest roads all over colorado

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Went to the local grocery store (Crest Foods in Midwest City, OK). I'm pleased to say that the shelves were stocked (mostly) and the crowds were thinned. The only thing I was unable to find was hydrogen peroxide. Crest Foods does an excellent job in the central Oklahoma region in my estimation. Kudos to them!

Steve

Went to Crest Foods in Edmond OK yesterday. Some shelves were a little low, but they had everything I needed. I noticed they were still out of T paper . I also went to Wally World yesterday to pick up stuff in the automotive section. I noticed they were out of T paper in the grocery section. I was perusing the automotive area, and lo and behold...... a whole shelf of RV/boat TP. Guess none of the grocery shoppers had found that yet. I did not need any, but called a friend and picked up some for him. He was out, and very appreciative. I made sure not to shake his hand when I dropped it off,;)

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
My work is considered essential support for energy production. This is the first week we had to change work schedules. Half the staff the first half of week, then the other half of staff second half of week. Not a bad deal. However we may still get sent home if projects are non-critical schedule. Then we have to use vacation. I have projects at home waiting on me if that happens. This junk needs to leave soon!!

There will be many businesses hurt or killed by this pandemic. Restaurants here are hurting bad. Some have converted their wait staff to Waiter delivery just to keep the doors open and the employees. A sad day anyway you look at it.

We had to cancel a ride trip in April and plans for a Utah trip in May. My older daughter graduates high school and we don't even know what's going on with that. School cancelled for the year. My kids will be home 5 months before next school year starts!!

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here in MA a lot of our jobs (working for an electrical contractor) slowed or shut down, a lot are still going. One of our biggest industries we work with now is marijuana facilities, and they are allowed to stay operational for medical use. We do have a versatile service department otherwise, but a lot of businesses have closed down.

So for the first time in my 18 years of employment, I took a lay off. Turns out my wife was exposed to it 2 weeks ago, now our whole house has symptoms, mostly mild, awaiting to see if she is going to get tested. Im lucky to have a decent employer, not worried about loosing my job for good.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
To be honest, I wasn't shopping for those items so can't tell you.

Steve
I hear ya, I just thought you might have looked out of curiosity. The interstate was packed with 18 wheelers over the weekend, I’m thinking they may be catching up with demand.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hear ya, I just thought you might have looked out of curiosity. The interstate was packed with 18 wheelers over the weekend, I’m thinking they may be catching up with demand.
Check out Dollar General stores.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!