P1000 Yuasa Batteries

S

Stocksplits

Apr 12, 2018
Kelowna, BC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,

I have a 2017 Pioneer and I have always run the Yuasa GYZ16H which is needing to be replaced at $200CDN a crack. The other option would be to go with the Yuasa YTX 14 which is only $86.

I know next to nothing about batteries but my main worry is underpowering the transmission shifts and buggering it up. Any insight into whether or not I could run the mildly smaller battery would be beyond appreciated. Cheers

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2017 Pioneer
First off, welcome and congrats on your first ever post since joining 5yrs ago! 🥳 💥

What Pioneer? 1K3,1K5, 1K6? Also need pics, Miles and mods, updates. its Rule#4
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

You dont HAVE to buy the yuasa Battery. There are plenty of other manufacturers out there cheeper that will do the job just fine. Just take the origonal and have them cross reference the number at your local auto parts store. Can even get it on Amazon. My replacement (last 3-1/2 yrs is an EverStart (cross reff) from Wally World and its served me just fine. Its the direct replacement and about $50 cheeper than the OEM was at the time depending on where u look. There are only a few battery manufactures and they make them with different names on them just fyi.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I wouldn't go any smaller, which the 14 is. The 16 is borderline as it is. Yuasa is a good brand. I've had good luck with Oreillys batteries too Super Start AGM. They usually have them in stock.

S

Stocksplits

Apr 12, 2018
Kelowna, BC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off, welcome and congrats on your first ever post since joining 5yrs ago! 🥳 💥

What Pioneer? 1K3,1K5, 1K6? Also need pics, Miles and mods, updates. its Rule#4
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

You dont HAVE to buy the yuasa Battery. There are plenty of other manufacturers out there cheeper that will do the job just fine. Just take the origonal and have them cross reference the number at your local auto parts store. Can even get it on Amazon. My replacement (last 3-1/2 yrs is an EverStart (cross reff) from Wally World and its served me just fine. Its the direct replacement and about $50 cheeper than the OEM was at the time depending on where u look. There are only a few battery manufactures and they make them with different names on them just fyi.
ahhh many thanks. Sorry it is a 1000-5 and outside of a winch is pretty basic. I think I have 4500kms on it so it's relatively light use, mostly to hunting and fishing spots. Only reason I was wanting to go with Yuasa is I have read nothing but good things about those batteries....case in point my first battery lasted 5 years up in Canada and is still going but I feel the need to replace it. Appreciate the insight

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
ahhh many thanks. Sorry it is a 1000-5 and outside of a winch is pretty basic. I think I have 4500kms on it so it's relatively light use, mostly to hunting and fishing spots. Only reason I was wanting to go with Yuasa is I have read nothing but good things about those batteries....case in point my first battery lasted 5 years up in Canada and is still going but I feel the need to replace it. Appreciate the insight
I got About 4 out of mine here in Mi doing alot of the same things as you. There good, just pricy and I never heard great things about there customer service. At least Wally World wont give me an issue if i return it with the warranty period . At least the way i see it. But to each his own.

Dont forget those pics!

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
S

Stocksplits

Apr 12, 2018
Kelowna, BC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all,

I have a 2017 Pioneer and I have always run the Yuasa GYZ16H which is needing to be replaced at $200CDN a crack. The other option would be to go with the Yuasa YTX 14 which is only $86.

I know next to nothing about batteries but my main worry is underpowering the transmission shifts and buggering it up. Any insight into whether or not I could run the mildly smaller battery would be beyond appreciated. Cheers
They have batteries in Costco here, or try Crappy Tire. I would put the largest amperage battery that you can fit in if you are not going to a two battery setup

Trevan

Trevan

Sep 1, 2019
Milton, ON. Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I replaced mine the dealer was more money, out of stock and 3 months delivery. Ended up buying at Royal distributing - best price and arrived in 2 days. I don’t believe they are out west but they will ship.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yuasa are the only powersports battery I'd use. Have several approaching 7 years old, no issues. Have one in a 2013 Wing, still rolls like new. 2 in my 2018 Pioneer(main & second).
Made in the USA 🇺🇸 and they likely make all other decent, rebranded powersports batteries.
JMO

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yuasa are the only powersports battery I'd use. Have several approaching 7 years old, no issues. Have one in a 2013 Wing, still rolls like new. 2 in my 2018 Pioneer(main & second).
Made in the USA 🇺🇸 and they likely make all other decent, rebranded powersports batteries.
JMO
Dosnt really matter much at this point but There a Japanese co. Not a US co.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've used Yuasa and several other brands of batteries in my powersports - street bikes, dirt bikes, ATV's, sxs, snowmobiles, and tractors, and I find what helps a lot is a battery maintenance charger. I keep all these batteries on this type of charger and batteries have lasted for several years.
Strangely I had one battery only last 3 years in one of my bikes, and it was a Yuasa. Not saying these batteries are not any good, I just wasn't expecting the early death from that brand.
There may only be a handful of battery manufactures making all these different brands, but the quality of materials and build may what determines the price point.
I've also bought a Crome battery for a motorcycle 3 years ago. I was hesitant because these batteries are so inexpensive, but so far so good. This bike is used only as a track bike so I wasn't worried about getting stranded somewhere, figured I'd take the chance. Friend of mine has had one in a snowmobile for I think 4 years so far. 🤞

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000