P500 August Ride

PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
There's prolly RV and other camping spots at or near the main Windrock entrance (Oliver Springs).

We'll (myself, KyGal, and my buddy and his friend) be staying near Rocky Top. We saw a couple of other places to rent but I haven't seen them online. We'll try to make a note of them on Friday this time.

Where do y'all meet in the mornings? I'm trying to figure out where to stay.

Doesn't look like much in Rocky Top. Caryville and the Clinton exit off I75 about the same distance away. I got the feeling @TripleB rode from his house in Caryville down to the entrance of Windrock in RT. Maps shows it a 7mi ride. I'm assuming there is a back road or trail that takes you from Caryville to RT. Got to also find a place to park the rig. Motel not my first choice.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, @TripleB rode from his house and met us at a trial junction. (You'll have to ask @KyGal83 the trail numbers). @futzin and co. Stayed at a cabin in Rocky top and Dorothy and I parked there. Hopefully brad can chime in with some suggestions.

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Doesn't look like much in Rocky Top. Caryville and the Clinton exit off I75 about the same distance away. I got the feeling @TripleB rode from his house in Caryville down to the entrance of Windrock in RT. Maps shows it a 7mi ride. I'm assuming there is a back road or trail that takes you from Caryville to RT. Got to also find a place to park the rig. Motel not my first choice.
TripleB came across caryville flats and back down the mountain to meet everyone at trail 52 . I’ll be parking at brushy mountain prison in Petros and headed across the mountain. I can meet you at the main entrance to Windrock in Oliver Springs. then we can go meet everybody else if you want to stay down there.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's 1.5 hours from my house to where I met them on trail g53 Saturday and Sunday. It probably another 45 minutes or so from that spot to the windrock general store. You don't wanna stay in Caryville unless the whole group is staying there or if you were riding with me lol.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I may ride a day if I feel froggy. I have a whole lot of junk that needs worked on. It all depends on how much progress I've made between now and then. I've accomplished nothing so far this week.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not gonna even be able to consider August. We gotta move her oldest to Nacodgoches TX near the end of the month, and get all his crap together prior to.

advertisement
PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll be parking at brushy mountain prison in Petros and headed across the mountain. I can meet you at the main entrance to Windrock in Oliver Springs. then we can go meet everybody else if you want to stay down there.
I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know as we get closer to that weekend. How far a ride is that for you?

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know as we get closer to that weekend. How far a ride is that for you?
From the prison to where futzin is staying about an hour a lot of this is blacktop
prison - Windrock -futzin about 2hrs most of this is trail
i can haul my ride to Windrock and start from there that takes me about 20 minutes

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
If I come will I be the only one at RV/cabin area in the park ?
I don’t want to disrupt everyone’s plan. If I come I’ll drive up Friday morning leave Sunday early. If it doesn’t affect everyone by that location I’ll call and book a spot tomorrow. It will just be me , wife said it’s too hot for her. She’s a Yankee and don’t do southern summers real good

Smittyp

Smittyp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 3, 2020
Morgan co. Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
If I come will I be the only one at RV/cabin area in the park ?
I don’t want to disrupt everyone’s plan. If I come I’ll drive up Friday morning leave Sunday early. If it doesn’t affect everyone by that location I’ll call and book a spot tomorrow. It will just be me , wife said it’s too hot for her. She’s a Yankee and don’t do southern summers real good
it’s not a problem for me

I can meet you at the general store at Windrock

JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'll probably be staying at the campground also. Driving up early Friday leaving on Sunday.

EDIT: The Windrock Campground

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!