Brake pedal going to the floor

P

PoolGuy444

Dec 11, 2013
Hi. Just curious if anyone else is having the same issue. Over at the other pioneer forum there are some that have had it. But no one has found a fix. Basically sometimes when pushing on the pedal it will go to the floor. Hardly any pressure and the brakes barely work. If you let off the pedal and try again it will work. This is happening probably 1 out of 5 times. I originally thought the a arm guards I have were causing it when turning. But as I've used it more I realize it does not matter whether your in forward or reverse. Turning or not. Any thoughts? Thanks

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sounds to me that you may have a small pocket of air in the lines, That didn't get bleed out at the factory. Should have the dealer look into it. You sure don't want to be going down a steep hill and the pedal goes all the way down. Be Safe!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TandT said:
Sounds to me that you may have a small pocket of air in the lines, That didn't get bleed out at the factory. Should have the dealer look into it. You sure don't want to be going down a steep hill and the pedal goes all the way down. Be Safe!

Agreed

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've been watching it "over there" as well, even though mine has never done it. Sure sounds to me like a caliper is getting pushed back in somehow. I thought you may have found it with the a-arm guards, but as we know, other members have had it before the guards.

My bet: The parking brake mechanism is doing something wonky and pulling the rear caliper in as you release it. Does it seem to relate to using the parking brake?

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I am having the same problem. My first service is due as of today, so I will bring it up to the dealer. If they can fix it I will post the answer. I have found I have to pump the pedal to get the brakes working right again. I would recommend getting yours to the dealer and get it on record as having this problem. When I take mine in this Saturday I will mention your post. The reason I would make sure this is on record with the dealer is for liability reasons. My fear is I may hurt something or worse someone and if I haven't made sure I had taken all the steps I could (letting the dealer decide if is an unsafe condition or not) I would be held responsible for what i think is faulty part.

ryan4703

ryan4703

Nov 4, 2013
I was the one who started that thread on the other forum. My problem was the aftermarket a arm guards along with leaving on the stock plastic guards from the factory. I removed the stock plastic guards and then using a pipe wrench tweaked the a arm guards so they did not hit the calipers when turning hard left or right or when the suspension moves up and down. Its been over a week ago and multiple loads of firewood later and have yet to have it happen again.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My Rincon did at one point. I had to bleed the brakes twice and it fixed it.

But I guess it could be possible for the CV guards to push against the caliber pushing it sideways or something thus causing a extra pump needed to tighten up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!