Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anybody else waiting for a part number for the LE center skid plate?
Nope.. I have discovered UHMW after years of saying... " WTF, who would want a plastic skid plate".
But they both have there goods and bads!

Anyways, I have a close up for you!

Upload 2016 11 18 11 47 53

Reactions: sharp
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Reactions: JTW and Hondasxs
H

HondaTech

Anybody else waiting for a part number for the LE center skid plate?
The skid plates, a-arm guards and front bumper are already available from Honda accessories
Skid plates- 08972-HL4-A00
A-arm guards- 08P74-HL4-A00 FRONT
08P75-HL4-A00 REAR
Bumper- 08P70-HL4-A00

Apart from the new 4wd system addons (not sure what system the non-LE 1000 will have, assuming '16 model system), illuminated switches and the painted parts you can make your own LE out of a '17 or even a '16 model. They already said the shocks will be available separate so to me as a Service Advisor for Honda, I still want the same model 1000 I always have. A EPS 3 seat with the exterior panels removed, the only thing that's changed is, I would like the FOX shocks now and maybe the door cup holders instead of dash mounted ones.
The skid plates add nothing, I have never sold a Honda branded skid plate to anyone for an atv or sxs, why, because they only cover the space the original does. The wheels are not going to sell anything either, anybody that knows the current SXS market knows that this industry is closely falling the truck industry. You buy your vehicle, take it home, tear it apart and commence installing parts. I've sold more wheel kits since the Pioneers has been out then we ever did. I know you need to include some kind of fancy wheel to make it look like your getting more for the money, but there not a selling factor at this point.

Honda better aggressively price these bad boys or I'm going to be sitting on them at the dealership. I mean they took away the most requested feature with the locking diff, Sometime I wish Honda would take the less technological and innovative route and follow what they taught me@ Honda school in Troy, OH-
K.I.S.S KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Last edited:
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just to clarify. I am glad that Honda is trying to innovate. I don't like what they have done and I applaud that they are only testing the waters on a limited basis by offering this on their LE models. I predict that they will have less sales than they have hoped, but who knows, maybe it will reset the standard.

I really like the shocks and the colored A-arms and the new colors. I also like that they listened and added storage, although that really isn't what I would prefer.

I am just really disappointed in their design direction on this. Making it much more complicated (and expensive) for negligible at best and lower performance at worse is not a good direction to go.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've been waiting a while for this announcement - hoping it would be a 6 seater "Pioneer Crew" with a dump bed...and am obviously disappointed. With my family, if it doesn't seat six, it may as well only seat one. We go on all day trips & take a lot of gear with us - we NEED the bed space.

If Honda is reading this - you are missing the boat by not offering a 6 seater crew with a bed.
I just switched from this six seater crew and really don't miss it! The turning radius alone was a nightmare! The shorter turning radius on the P1000-5 is nice. I don't expect one from Honda... but have to say....lt would speak to a segment of the market!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The skid plates, a-arm guards and front bumper are already available from Honda accessories
Skid plates- 08972-HL4-A00
A-arm guards- 08P74-HL4-A00 FRONT
08P75-HL4-A00 REAR
Bumper- 08P70-HL4-A00

Apart from the new 4wd system addons (not sure what system the non-LE 1000 will have, assuming '16 model system), illuminated switches and the painted parts you can make your own LE out of a '17 or even a '16 model. They already said the shocks will be available separate so to me as a Service Advisor for Honda, I still want the same model 1000 I always have. A EPS 3 seat with the exterior panels removed, the only thing that's changed is, I would like the FOX shocks now and maybe the door cup holders instead of dash mounted ones.
The skid plates add nothing, I have never sold a Honda branded skid plate to anyone for an atv or sxs, why, because they only cover the space the original does. The wheels are not going to sell anything either, anybody that knows the current SXS market knows that this industry is closely falling the truck industry. You buy your vehicle, take it home, tear it apart and commence installing parts. I've sold more wheel kits since the Pioneers has been out then we ever did. I know you need to include some kind of fancy wheel to make it look like your getting more for the money, but there not a selling factor at this point.

Honda better aggressively price these bad boys or I'm going to be sitting on them at the dealership. I mean they took away the most requested feature with the locking diff, Sometime I wish Honda would take the less technological and innovative route and follow what they taught me@ Honda school in Troy, OH-
K.I.S.S KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

You're job just got tougher ! Thank god it's a Honda with those innovations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hondasxs
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Maybe part of the brake modulation system. Does it have the same thing on the other side? It looks to have a cable coming out of the bottom going towards the front wheel that looks a lot like the ABS cable that we used to use on the front hubs on our ABS systems.

There will have to be a ABS cable that carries the signal from the tone wheel in the hubs to the ECM/ABS pump controller to let the system know the RPMs of the wheels so it knows when to apply the brakes. Since the braking is going to be independent on each wheel, it will have to have something that works independently of the master brake control.

But without seeing more/closer pictures I couldn't tell for sure.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just noticed those crazy bars that loop up around where the occupants' shoulders would be. Obviously haven't sat in one but my initial thought is I'm again glad I bought a 2016 LOL.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just noticed those crazy bars that loop up around where the occupants' shoulders would be. Obviously haven't sat in one but my initial thought is I'm again glad I bought a 2016 LOL.

I agree.

The intrusive shoulder bolsters on the Wolverine versus none on the Pioneer was one of the selling points for the Pioneer for me. Easy to get into and out of and nothing rubbing my shoulder when riding. It doesn't look too intrusive though. Better than the Yamaha version anyway.

That portion on the rear is worse though. The roll cage is already in the way sometimes loading and unloading stuff in the bed, now that is blocking even more access. One of the reasons I have thought about getting rid of it but those convertible back seats are just so handy at times.

I understand the focus on safety but eventually safety gets in the way of functionality. Maybe they aren't as intrusive as they look.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
But look behind the Fox Shock! You see dual brake fluid chambers that match the patents posted a few months back.
Patents --> Electronic Braking patents - US20160114775
View attachment 26758

It's a brake modulator - similar to an ABS modulator in a car. It is needed for the traction control and hill start assist features. It can apply brakes individually to each wheel. So if traction control is on, it can apply braking to one or both of the rear wheels to stop wheel spin. It will probably act as a proportioning valve too, based on some of the marketing stuff they released about this new model. It will also apply the brakes for the hill start assist, to prevent you rolling backwards if you're stopped on a hill and release the brake.

It could also be part of a stability control system, but I don't know if these models are equipped with that...

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everybody bashes the polaris stuff, and I've never owned one, but I got to think if I babied a polaris like a baby my pioneer then it would last forever. I watch videos on youtube and see the abuse some of these rzr's are getting and can't imagine how some of them don't break in the video. So when people talk about rzrs breaking all I can think about is those videos and say to myself "well yeah, of course it broke!" My Honda may be much tougher than I think but when driving it around it gives me only enough confidence to feel like I need to baby it. Even my brother's viking feels tougher when driving it. I still say on paper my pioneer is the best choice for me available right now though. However, if the feature set of the LE (i.e. that auto 4x4 stuff) was the only way to buy a pioneer when they came out in 2016, then I wouldn't have bought one.

I've never babied mine. When I'm working it hard I drive it like a tractor. When I want speed I drive it like a race car. Always keep the RPM's up. It likes it that way.

gpshemi

gpshemi

Aug 5, 2016
Lapeer Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sawz all and Rustoleum...fixed. LOL

I'd like to see the information on heat mitigation. If they haven't figured that out by now, then there's no hope for Honda. The box leaks heat up from the engine / trans, the dash leaks from the radiator heat might be fixed IDK, and the doors leak front wheel dirt right up through the jams from lack of any seal. 16's are great machines that still need some polishing. Not what I'd expect from Honda honestly.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!