Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Another thing just occurred to me
on this winch. Isn't there a strap
for the first 3 or 4 feet of the
rope? I would feel better if this
was what contacted the fairlead
for raising & lowering the plow.

I have that piece but it gets hung up going in and out. I don't think I want to rely on that.
John
With the roller type of fairlead, will the synthetic line actually contact the roller or will it touch the inside frame of the bumper first?

This I don't know. I will know in a couple of days and will report back

P

posterboy

With the roller type of fairlead, will the synthetic line actually contact the roller or will it touch the inside frame of the bumper first?

No issues.. Plowed for over three hours the other night

P

posterboy

Another thing just occurred to me
on this winch. Isn't there a strap
for the first 3 or 4 feet of the
rope? I would feel better if this
was what contacted the fairlead
for raising & lowering the plow.

John

You do not want to use the strap while plowing. It will ruin the strap. It is designed to be used to go up against a tree or Rock and protect the fibers during no use. It also helps eliminate the cable from wanting to mouse its way down to the spool shaft if it is farther back on the line during plowing use.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!