Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Spray paint. It’s easy to touch up.
Oh sure Skipper! Always gotta leave up to me to inforce the law! Send me to the front every time so they hate me! 🙄🥳🤣

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Powder coated - Very professional looking and most expensive :eek:
Plastic coated - Good if done right
Spray paint - Watch out for the runs if you apply to heavy
Brush - Can't beat brush marks for a real DIY project 🤣

BTW - Welcome from Alabama, and don't forget to post pictures.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I just ordered a stock front bumper for my pioneer 700. My old one got really bent. The one I ordered needs to be painted. Would you guys suggest just to spray paint, plasti dip or something else?
You could use a 2 part automotive style paint and brush it on. More expensive than spray paint but probably cheaper than powdercoat. More durable than spray paint and i think just as durable as powdercoat. I used some on a cargo basket I made and it's held up really well. I sprayed on a self etching primer before the paint.
If you go with spray paint I like the rust oleum professional high performance enamel. I'd still use the self etching primer first.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I sprayed on a self etching primer before the paint.
If you go with spray paint I like the rust oleum professional high performance enamel. I'd still use the self etching primer first.
Absolutely on raw metal but not over an existing painted surface. It has an acid in it that is supposed to cut into the metal for the bond. It can react over other paints and primers and cause it to fail.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!