P700 Pioneer 700 with Can-Am Commander Shocks

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to do this but my problem is not my wife, but myself. When it comes to stuff like this I who hum about it forever. Heck it took me over a year to install my switches and panel from mysitc because I was too cheap to buy the switches from OTRATTW. I finally bit the bullet and got it installed and am way happy. I guess I'll just keep looking on ebay for used Commander Shocks.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually I just looked at ebay and there is a used set of fox shocks for a commander for $950. Supposedly only 77 miles.

Reactions: Tflynn
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Let me help you out.

1. Have them delivered to your buddies house.
2. Have them delivered with your buddies name on the box. Tell your wife that buddy is getting them delivered to your house so his wife doesn't know.

Edit: After you have told her that the shocks are his, you can rub some dirt on them and tell her that your buddy gave you his old ones.

My buddy and I do this with guns. I'll buy one and say I'm just borrowing it from John and he does the same lol. He bought my old trailer and just tells his wife he's borrowing it lol. We are going to be screwed if our wives become friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

greenheadsled

Feb 25, 2016
Elkton MI
Can someone give me a lead on where to find some shocks? Im having no luck at all, thanks

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can someone give me a lead on where to find some shocks? Im having no luck at all, thanks
Just have to keep looking. It's like a needle in a haystack. I was hounding ebay like crazy and 2 weeks ago was able to find a set for about a $150. I'm working on the bushing upgrade right now and will hopefully get them on soon. Good luck!!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just have to keep looking. It's like a needle in a haystack. I was hounding ebay like crazy and 2 weeks ago was able to find a set for about a $150. I'm working on the bushing upgrade right now and will hopefully get them on soon. Good luck!!
Wow $150! Great find tj

Reactions: QuadMan747
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figured I had to jump on it. I just ordered the bushings from polybushing.com and he said he would ship them out today. Hopefully by the end of the week I might have them, and the Power Steering on. HoHoHo to me.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
After these 2 mods you will be in love with your 700 all over again!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tflynn
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am hoping so. I have been running my slow plow the last couple of days and am getting tired of trying to turn it in diff lock, so the PS will be nice. And I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the shock upgrade, so I know it will be a great improvement.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I also bought a set off the can-am forum yesterday.. ordered the bushings too and he said he was low on the 2056 that he has just shipped out most of them yesterday morning (Thanks TJ!) lol but it's okay, I don't even have a pioneer yet.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: QuadMan747
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry about that. I guess I'm going to have to get them on when the bushings show up, or I'll feel even worse if I let them sit around awhile. I'm sure you'll have it already to go when you get your new baby home.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I guess the shocks weren't such a good buy. I should of stuck with my gut feeling about these shocks getting a little age on them because I broke the rears down and they are no good. I haven't messed with the fronts but I'm afraid they are the same. The bump stop on one of the shocks is tore up and I'm sure it's not just dry rot. I guess the machine I got these off of wasn't used by some little old granny to go to church on Sundays. It might be a while now before I get them on, but from what I understand is I will be very happy when I get them on.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I guess the shocks weren't such a good buy. I should of stuck with my gut feeling about these shocks getting a little age on them because I broke the rears down and they are no good. I haven't messed with the fronts but I'm afraid they are the same. The bump stop on one of the shocks is tore up and I'm sure it's not just dry rot. I guess the machine I got these off of wasn't used by some little old granny to go to church on Sundays. It might be a while now before I get them on, but from what I understand is I will be very happy when I get them on.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Check on having them rebuilt, may be cheaper than starting over. What year were they off of?

Reactions: tjoreo
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
After these 2 mods you will be in love with your 700 all over again!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
The money saving cool :)cool:) thing is, when you own a P5, you never have to do power steering to your P7. :D

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Check on having them rebuilt, may be cheaper than starting over. What year were they off of?
@eastenn Thanks. I'm not to disheartened. I said earlier on this thread or another one, this might be something to watch out for because alot of these machines are getting a few miles on the. I will check around on a rebuild, or just pick up some new ones this spring. They supposedly came off a 2012 with only 800 miles on it. Wink, Wink. I calculated the price of the adjusters, retainers and springs and I'm still ahead of the game with what I have in them. Just those parts alone are over $350. I'm glad you replied though because if you are in a need of some bushing or even the sleeves let me know. The sleeves are sitting on my desk right now, but I'm kind of like you with nothing to put them on.

Reactions: eastenn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh dear, glad you let him know so we could all gain from the experience.
@eastenn Thanks. I'm not to disheartened. I said earlier on this thread or another one, this might be something to watch out for because alot of these machines are getting a few miles on the. I will check around on a rebuild, or just pick up some new ones this spring. They supposedly came off a 2012 with only 800 miles on it. Wink, Wink. I calculated the price of the adjusters, retainers and springs and I'm still ahead of the game with what I have in them. Just those parts alone are over $350. I'm glad you replied though because if you are in a need of some bushing or even the sleeves let me know. The sleeves are sitting on my desk right now, but I'm kind of like you with nothing to put them on.
What's the inside and outside dimensions of those bushings tj?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds like everyone is using [HASHTAG]#2056[/HASHTAG] on polyurethane T bushings by size I made the sleeves out of some 9/16" cold rolled which will fit the .562 inside dimension. I didn't have a 12mm bit handy to drill a hole in it so I tried to drill and ream it to 12mm. I finally just took a 31/64 drill bit and it worked as well as using the reamer. Some are buying tubing for the sleeves, but I'm cheap and was hoping to put them on this weekend (HaHaHa) so I build my own. Hope this helps.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It sounds like everyone is using [HASHTAG]#2056[/HASHTAG] on polyurethane T bushings by size I made the sleeves out of some 9/16" cold rolled which will fit the .562 inside dimension. I didn't have a 12mm bit handy to drill a hole in it so I tried to drill and ream it to 12mm. I finally just took a 31/64 drill bit and it worked as well as using the reamer. Some are buying tubing for the sleeves, but I'm cheap and was hoping to put them on this weekend (HaHaHa) so I build my own. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I was referring to the ones you have setting on your desk that you said you have nothing to do with. I would be interested in buying them from you if they are the size I need which is 5/8" OD, 3/8" ID.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I was referring to the ones you have setting on your desk that you said you have nothing to do with. I would be interested in buying them from you if they are the size I need which is 5/8" OD, 3/8" ID.
I was talking about the steel sleeves that are pressed in the poly bushings. If you are needing some steel bushings at that size, I think I could help you out. I have some pretty nice equipment sitting here that gets pretty lonely if you don't diddle with every once in a while. Let me know.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!