Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For those interested, my snorkel is 2" diameter pipe with a screen to prevent large debris. Today I did some timed runs with the air box lid removed. I could not tell difference. So, I don't think a larger pipe will help. I do think the ram air snorkel is a good idea though.

D

deltaduk

Aug 16, 2015
New to the site. Thanks guys for the great info. Got a question. Why could you not use some of that flexible electrical conduit in 2" diameter. The thick gray pipe. Like you would see exposed at the bottom of electric meter center. Wouldn't that eliminate the need for measuring and couplings? Leave the pipe connected at the air box ,cut off factory chambers like simpleman did. Run the flexible pipe right up behind passenger seat. End the flexible pipe right behind but not higher than the roof??? Then put 180 degree turn in it For rain issues. Been dealing with receiver hitch issues. But the snorkel and front windshield are next.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
New to the site. Thanks guys for the great info. Got a question. Why could you not use some of that flexible electrical conduit in 2" diameter. The thick gray pipe. Like you would see exposed at the bottom of electric meter center. Wouldn't that eliminate the need for measuring and couplings? Leave the pipe connected at the air box ,cut off factory chambers like simpleman did. Run the flexible pipe right up behind passenger seat. End the flexible pipe right behind but not higher than the roof??? Then put 180 degree turn in it For rain issues. Been dealing with receiver hitch issues. But the snorkel and front windshield are next.
I can't see why flexible pipe wouldn't work. I think everyone's using rigid pipe because its smooth on the inside, or could be personal preference.

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Hey SXS friends. Just an update on the snorkel performance..... This is what my air filter looks like after a week long hunting trip in the dusty dry mountains of northern California! I did 300 miles in 7 days. I am very impressed to say the least! Like I said in other posts the snorkel location I chose was for cool clean air. I don't run a filter on the inlet pipe so I did get some leaves and pine needles in the air box but it was very minimal..... Just pulled off the water drain at the bottom of the box and the debris fell out... I hope this answers some questions on how well the relocation works out.

Attachments

• IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: Tflynn and joeymt33
G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
I made a snorkel today based on the designs here. The factory snorkel at the box fits 2.5" sch 40 conduit perfectly but it's too tight outside the box to fit and get the bends made so I went with standard 2" like most everyone else. If there were more options for 2.5" pvc that would be the best way to go as you would not neck down at all. Factory necks down from the 2.5" to 2" roughly.

F

Fbhjr1963

Oct 21, 2015
Sent you an email with pics and a description. I went with a K &N air filter with the pre filter installed over that. Since the relocation of the air inlet I have had very little dirt show up on the filter. Hope it helps. Any questions ask around. This group has done quite a bit of mods to the 700 and has been great at sharing info and ideas!
Simpleman please send me your info as well i have been wanting to snorkel my p7004 since i joined our local mud park/camp area
Thanks in advance for the info

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The RAM idea looks good. One suggestion: Carry an additional 90 with you on days that it might rain. Turn it down so you don't inhale rain water.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!