air tronic heater

T

Tritonman

Dec 2, 2013
Anyone have any experience with an air tronic style of heater. These get plumbed to your gas or fuel tank. Then you can run your vents from it. Up to 18000 BTU for one of the models. I see that John deere has an option for something similar for the gator. Looks like the best heater setup but they are spendy.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
I haven't heard about this kind of heater. Does it run off gas? and burn to cause heat.
So, heat be better then a water heat one for sure. and almost instant.

T

Tritonman

Dec 2, 2013
Yes, they run off your fuel source, essentially like a mini furnace. These are common for bus's and for semi drivers so that don't have to let there truck idle all night. They are several different styles, some just heat the coolant, but I am looking at the air heater. There is a little fuel pump that pumps the fuel and a "glow plug" that lights things up. Quiet and the heat is essentially instant.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I could see this being a better option. Only factor is you use fuel faster. Unlike the big trucks with the 300 gallon tank. I guess it depends on your riding plans in the snow. If you only do short trips then this may be the way to go as you almost have instant heat. But if you are doing long trips, saving your fuel would be priority.

T

Tritonman

Dec 2, 2013
I think they burn about a quart per hour to two quarts. That would work for my style of riding I could mount it to the ceiling of the 4 person top and run the heat outlet in above my head.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Na, I'll pass for a more free heat source as distance is what I want.

T

Tritonman

Dec 2, 2013
Im looking for both as this would be sweet for when Im ice fishing with the shelter I made for the Pioneer.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Tritonman said:
Im looking for both as this would be sweet for when Im ice fishing with the shelter I made for the Pioneer.
Ya. Now see this as being about the only choice for a ice fisherman.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!