Rumor: Honda Produces Twin Cylinder Pioneer

B

bullywupper

Mar 4, 2015
I was thinking Honda was going to have a press release at the end of Feb. about the new Pioneer?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
bullywupper said:
I was thinking Honda was going to have a press release at the end of Feb. about the new Pioneer?
Maybe they just postponed it due to the "polar vortex" last week. lol.

My guess is May 13th.

Feb 8, 2013 - Pioneer 700-4 announced.
May 14, 2013 - Pioneer 700-2 announced.
May 15, 2014 - Pioneer 500 Announced.
May 13, 2015 - Pioneer 1000 Announced.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
If it's all that I'm hoping that it is, they'll be a used P4 on the market soon. Depending on the dimensions, the roof, windshield and back window will go with the 700.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
I hope all the rumors are true. I have been in the market for a p 700 or p 700-4. Once I heard these rumors I told my self to wait it out and see what happens. Doesn't have to be a 1000cc. It could be a 800, as long as it has low gear and a 5 speed, I would be happy with that. But let's wait and see if more rumors come about soon......

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
I shure hope all these rumors are true allso, if this machine does come to the market as 1000cc twin then we will all know HONDA is serious about being the leaders in the sxs maret, with only more great machines to follow!!!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi @Alexa,
Welcome to the Club. I too have a heard Honda is about to step up the game. Not just for Honda. But the sxs market. But then again, that's been said over and over. I am 98% sure a 1000cc and a sport are in the works. I also have conformation of new work happening at HSC from a few close friends. Now I'm just waiting for Honda to say GO!

Alexa

Alexa

May 7, 2015
Tifton, GA
Thanks so much! Well your insider information is correct! I work at a Level 5 powerhouse, and we had a lot of the big guys from Honda in a few weeks ago! We have known about this unit for a while, but were informed this morning that it will probably have the same motor as the cbr1000!! And you know as well as I do that that motor in itself is going to bring about HUGE change in the side by side market! As of now, we are probably looking at a few months after summer. I can't hardly contain my excitement!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome Alexa!!

advertisement
C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
You guys just sit back and watch... Honda is about to dominate the sxs market!
Alexa, that is a prety bold statement, but i hope it's true but after a recent trip to a polaris dealership and looking at there vast sxs lineup they have some work to do. However i think with about 3 more well excacuted sxs designs in the lineup they could be right there, can't wait to start seeing proof of there commitment!!!!

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Hi @Alexa,
Welcome to the Club. I too have a heard Honda is about to step up the game. Not just for Honda. But the sxs market. But then again, that's been said over and over. I am 98% sure a 1000cc and a sport are in the works. I also have conformation of new work happening at HSC from a few close friends. Now I'm just waiting for Honda to say GO!
Waiting for honda to say go, sounds like you know the facts but are just waiting for the green light from honda to spill the beans!!!!

Reactions: Hondasxs
C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
Yes i'am realy excited to see honda hopefully build a premium bigbore sport ute and a new sport sxs, however this allso means the resale value of my fully loaded ranger xp 900 will probably drop 1000,00 instantly, but i guess thats how the market goes!!!

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
I realy wish HONDA would have brought a premium sportute a coulpe years back, now i will have to go through it all again with all the acessories, speaking of acessories i hope honda has them ready to go for these umpcomming sxss but i guess theres a lot that has to happen yet, can you tell i'am getting excited!!!!

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
makes me happy that I wont be able to buy one until next spring/ summer. I really wanted to get a P4 this summer to start taking the kids with me, but i cant wait to see what Honda comes out with. Hopefully they can be as revolutionary about a 4 seater as they were with the Pioneer. Having the size of a 2 seater but ability of a 4 seater is so appealing.

A

Ash84

Apr 29, 2015
As in, is this the new twin cylinder? This could be the engine they drop in a new SxS.

C

catman

Mar 4, 2013
This new 1000 african twin is a paralell twin unlike the smaller 650 and 750 that were a v-twin design, the new 1000 is allso supposed to use an improved DCT transmission, this would be an awsome powerplant for a new sxs, we can only hope!!!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!