P1000 ‘Finally got a 1000’ Build

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Well, as the title says... I finally got a 1000. My Pioneer ownership brag in 2016 when my Papaw got a 1000EPS and I bought his 2014. Been wanting a 1000 pretty much ever since, lol! Found a deal I was happy with on a new leftover LE. I pick it up tomorrow.
A26cc63e9dadc5e8c4f9a7ab927664d2
99da7ad73fad0512c0d0dc626a5bf4c8

Not gonna be an in depth build. I got the Super ATV flip out windshield in yesterday.
F4eadaf6dcca26dbbdb9d585e2a84720

Ordered Honda hard roof, Honda soft rear panel, and Honda fabric upper doors. I also have the longer tailgate cables from my 700, a rear view mirror, and tusk interior light. I repainted my old recovery point to match the new unit.
15d95299805528a9ba5c87c96412ba8e
31082d83a4cfe0ff393aba63e7486e36
76233c41b36940819135a5c050457553
Hope to add some tunes. Probably a sound bar. Had the Bazooka in my 700. May try a Wetsounds Stealth? Also be looking for a switch panel, front light bar, rear light cubes, and a winch. Possibly dual battery as well. Maybe wheels and tires later on.

I read one of the first things I probably need to look at and address is the vent lines? I generally never have water above my feet, but seems to be something on this machine that needs attention. I’ll check that out first along with the toe.

Anything else I need to check out before riding?

Looking forward to learning a lot more about this machine. I’ve already learned a lot here over the years.

Fun fact... The 700 that my Papaw bought new in 2014 and sold to me in 2016 is now going to my Dad. Been a good one.
6fdb94bc98d7bd95b51e9321bdd0bcc8

Got it cleaned up a bit for him last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, as the title says... I finally got a 1000. My Pioneer ownership brag in 2016 when my Papaw got a 1000EPS and I bought his 2014. Been wanting a 1000 pretty much ever since, lol! Found a deal I was happy with on a new leftover LE. I pick it up tomorrow.
View attachment 189584
View attachment 189585

Not gonna be an in depth build. I got the Super ATV flip out windshield in yesterday.
View attachment 189586

Ordered Honda hard roof, Honda soft rear panel, and Honda fabric upper doors. I also have the longer tailgate cables from my 700, a rear view mirror, and tusk interior light. I repainted my old recovery point to match the new unit.
View attachment 189587
View attachment 189588
View attachment 189589
Hope to add some tunes. Probably a sound bar. Had the Bazooka in my 700. May try a Wetsounds Stealth? Also be looking for a switch panel, front light bar, rear light cubes, and a winch. Possibly dual battery as well. Maybe wheels and tires later on.

I read one of the first things I probably need to look at and address is the vent lines? I generally never have water above my feet, but seems to be something on this machine that needs attention. I’ll check that out first along with the toe.

Looking forward to learning a lot more about this machine. I’ve already learned a lot here over the years.

Fun fact... The 700 that my Papaw bought new in 2014 and sold to me in 2016 is now going to my Dad. Been a good one.
View attachment 189590

Nice machine;) I will be watching the build:)

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Also got the old beat up trailer ready for a little trip. Added new wheels and tires, D-rings, and straightened the fenders a little. I believe a paint and stain job this summer will have her lookin ok.
464b4be94315491c0cc2a78f25bd90be
74ac224ce07b0c67997ea4c5e169b8f7

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 189584
View attachment 189585

View attachment 189586

View attachment 189587
View attachment 189588
View attachment 189589

View attachment 189590

You’ll have a blast, I’ll send a few first aid kits your way. The the hemorrhaging of money begin! 😂

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
You’ll have a blast, I’ll send a few first aid kits your way. The the hemorrhaging of money begin!

Thanks @Russ989, your wheel and tire pics are not helping with the odds of a sustainable bank account. I’m diggin your build man. Lookin good!

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Looks good:) What size is it?

It’ll work. 16’ x 7’. I was in the notion of trading for either a 10’-12’ to haul a single or 20’-22’ to haul two. Buddy I ride with bought a nice bumper pull camper. I agreed to buy a trailer big enough to pull my Honda and his Polaris Ranger, then a month later he learned he’d be a Daddy, again, so we’ll see.

This trailer is really overkill for one but too small for two, but it works for today....

Hitched up for a little road trip tomorrow. Corona virus has afforded me an early Friday off. Headed to TN in the morning to pick up the LE and then on to the lake for a weekend of fishing. Looks like rain, but we will make due.

I’ll post up a few pics when I get it loaded up.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’ll work. 16’ x 7’. I was in the notion of trading for either a 10’-12’ to haul a single or 20’-22’ to haul two. Buddy I ride with bought a nice bumper pull camper. I agreed to buy a trailer big enough to pull my Honda and his Polaris Ranger, then a month later he learned he’d be a Daddy, again, so we’ll see.

This trailer is really overkill for one but too small for two, but it works for today....

Hitched up for a little road trip tomorrow. Corona virus has afforded me an early Friday off. Headed to TN in the morning to pick up the LE and then on to the lake for a weekend of fishing. Looks like rain, but we will make due.

I’ll post up a few pics when I get it loaded up.

definitely pics;)

Reactions: Remington
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
We spent today cutting two big oaks in the yard at the lake. Circumference were 12ft and 10ft. Been a full day. Goin home tomorrow after we fish to get started adding accessories. Can’t wait to try her out.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Got 130 miles on and some accessories added this week. Still have some adjusting to do on the doors. The first one took me about six hours. The second about 45 min. I’m happier with the closing of the second one, lol. Had to do some Dremmel work on the plastic pieces that attach to the A pillar to make them work with the SATV windshield. Most trouble I had was getting that damn thumbscrew started I the jack nut on the back of each door?

Seems like I have to lift up then push in at the latch to close both doors. Maybe RB3 bushings will help? Doors do sag a little when opened. One is worse than the other. I also noticed that my roof rubs the upper door fabric on the driver side and isn’t even close on the passenger side. The roof does sit lower on the cage on the driver side? I dunno....

I had to space my roof up about a half inch in the center front to clear the SATV Windshield when completely opened.

The back panel and rear roof clamps also didn’t cooperate, but I can live with it.

First trip down the road with the doors installed was a big let down. The wind between the top of the windshield and roof makes them insignificant. Came back home and cut a pool noodle and wrapped the top of the windshield with it. It had a diameter of 3.25 in. Still left a gap. I’m thinking a smaller noodle sandwiched in will help. Stuffed an old gun sock in there just to test. Found that this eliminates 99% of the wind coming above the windshield.

The downside is that this made the other wind leaks more evident, lol! This is gonna be never ending. I now see what you guys are talking about when you speak of air coming in around the shifter. I’ll be looking to fix that next. Saw a cool 3D printed cover someone had bought on here a day or two ago.

I also have adjusted in the bed hinges a little. Found that my left bedside has some movement in it when I was checking for play in the bed latches at closed position. The bolts thru the front bedside are bottomed out but the bed still wiggles there? May try a washer behind them.

Still have some adjusting to do here and there. I will be looking for a light or set of lights to use for backing up and bed illumination as soon as I figure a mounting location. Headlights are good E78aa217f18ebc43980a40192ec92de9
but I’ll be looking for more up front as well. Either cubes the A pillar or maybe a single row led in the bumper. Need some more light out to the sides I feel.

I’ll also be on the lookout for a sound system. Probably a bar of some sort.

Planned electrical work will probably lead to a dual battery set up and switch panel. I’d like a winch as well. All in time I guess.

Been fun so far. Love the upgrade from the 700-2 with stock suspension and no power steering.

Next on the list is a service job. I think I’ll change the oil, two filters, sub trans, and maybe diffs. Thought about some sort of synthetic in diffs to quieten a bit.

May stick with Honda in engine and sub trans for now. Thoughts?

2e99f50d4adc6fa893a04e7d9d5761f8
806bbfecd192eeb755007a200cce5d71
Af6f7cee8fc24eea0e3a6d41ed11e528
F5fb59844e8c4225ba23f8ec8254763c
828e3d15aae22378baa98ed6d0e14b41
84d290792e2c4bde699805a94d6bbe5f
C231e023526bc3202f1951b2cc2ac953

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got 130 miles on and some accessories added this week. Still have some adjusting to do on the doors. The first one took me about six hours. The second about 45 min. I’m happier with the closing of the second one, lol. Had to do some Dremmel work on the plastic pieces that attach to the A pillar to make them work with the SATV windshield. Most trouble I had was getting that damn thumbscrew started I the jack nut on the back of each door?

Seems like I have to lift up then push in at the latch to close both doors. Maybe RB3 bushings will help? Doors do sag a little when opened. One is worse than the other. I also noticed that my roof rubs the upper door fabric on the driver side and isn’t even close on the passenger side. The roof does sit lower on the cage on the driver side? I dunno....

I had to space my roof up about a half inch in the center front to clear the SATV Windshield when completely opened.

The back panel and rear roof clamps also didn’t cooperate, but I can live with it.

First trip down the road with the doors installed was a big let down. The wind between the top of the windshield and roof makes them insignificant. Came back home and cut a pool noodle and wrapped the top of the windshield with it. It had a diameter of 3.25 in. Still left a gap. I’m thinking a smaller noodle sandwiched in will help. Stuffed an old gun sock in there just to test. Found that this eliminates 99% of the wind coming above the windshield.

The downside is that this made the other wind leaks more evident, lol! This is gonna be never ending. I now see what you guys are talking about when you speak of air coming in around the shifter. I’ll be looking to fix that next. Saw a cool 3D printed cover someone had bought on here a day or two ago.

I also have adjusted in the bed hinges a little. Found that my left bedside has some movement in it when I was checking for play in the bed latches at closed position. The bolts thru the front bedside are bottomed out but the bed still wiggles there? May try a washer behind them.

Still have some adjusting to do here and there. I will be looking for a light or set of lights to use for backing up and bed illumination as soon as I figure a mounting location. Headlights are good View attachment 191508
but I’ll be looking for more up front as well. Either cubes the A pillar or maybe a single row led in the bumper. Need some more light out to the sides I feel.

I’ll also be on the lookout for a sound system. Probably a bar of some sort.

Planned electrical work will probably lead to a dual battery set up and switch panel. I’d like a winch as well. All in time I guess.

Been fun so far. Love the upgrade from the 700-2 with stock suspension and no power steering.

Next on the list is a service job. I think I’ll change the oil, two filters, sub trans, and maybe diffs. Thought about some sort of synthetic in diffs to quieten a bit.

May stick with Honda in engine and sub trans for now. Thoughts?

View attachment 191509
View attachment 191510
View attachment 191511
View attachment 191512
View attachment 191513
View attachment 191514
View attachment 191515

Looks good, any particular reason you went with the LE? Just curious.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Looks good, any particular reason you went with the LE? Just curious.

Price....
I would have been Perfectly content with a 2020 Deluxe or even a 2019 leftover EPS. I got the LE for less than I could have bought a 2019 EPS with a set of shocks.

Plus i liked the color much better plus all the additional features like under seat and under dash storage and the most awesome feature, i4wd!

Really tho, the LE was $1,600 higher out the door than a 2019 yellow (not my fav) EPS. I woulda had to buy colored panels, change them, and woulda definitely wanted shocks. That was the biggest factor in upgrading from the 700.

Also bought it cheaper than I could have bought a new deluxe, which I really like. Decided to take a gamble on the i4wd as a trade off for the shocks and other goodies. So far so good.

We rode 65 miles today in 45-60 temp. I feel better about my doors. I wore a t-shirt all day. Also fee better about the SATV windshield as it got warm in the cab quick. Windshield flexibility came in handy.

Wish it came with a little better tire. We will fix that soon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!