P1000m5 “Emergency box”

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious what everyone (who carries one) carries in their “box”?
I carry 1st and foremost, tp and baby wipes for those urgent moments, plug in compressor, digital air gauge, tow strap, flashlight with charger, blanket, rain gear (cheap one piece) spare dust goggles, gloves, phone charger, hammock (cause you never know when you just might need to nap) chip clip, tire plugs, trailer wrench/socket, wheel socket, oh and 1 packet of tannerite (cause you never know). And spare bunji cords.

What do carry with you?
9639bc306d3f6a2e6c0ee49c80523558

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh... I need to add the last 2 to my box. lol. But for next weekend I have 3 read smoke grenades.
Is that for camp? Might be a great way to get a ride started! All group rides I've been on, it's like herding confused turtles! HA!:D And then every one forgets about about waiting at the turns for the confused turtle behind you and everyone gets lost, every time! Really think groups should be limited to 10 at the most and if # 10 is having issues, they should wait on the next group and the next and the next and bring up the rear in the last group

Last edited:
Reactions: knuckledeep
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well my "box" for my truck is much different than the SXS.

I like your list. You need to add enough food and water for at least 12hrs.

Also not a bad idea to have some sort of backpack. Never know when you may need to hoof it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ideas....

First aid kit
Pew pew
Knife
Rope
Tarp
Tournaquet ....how the F u spell it
More pew pew
More water
Army shovel
Clean socks
Cliff bars
Fire starter
Flares

When we we went on the overland trip @knuckledeep had us covered. You need a tool or something by God that guy had it. He's a good guy to have in your group. Maybe he will chime in.

J

JTW

Ideas....

First aid kit
Pew pew
Knife
Rope
Tarp
More pew pew
More water
Army shovel
Clean socks
Cliff bars
Fire starter
Flares

When we we went on the overland trip @knuckledeep had us covered. You need a tool or something by God that guy had it. He's a good guy to have in your group. Maybe he will chime in.

He’s on his honeymoon! He’s too busy polishing his tool!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Other than the chip clip... I think I have about everything mentioned... plus some. I’m cutting waaaay back for the TO!

Where do you have your "midget friends" ride @JTW ?

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep revising my haul and should detail out with pictures. A couple of practices I have gotten into is when I am doing a repair at home that I am likely to have to do on the trail I try and use only the tools I carry. Last time I changed a tie rod in the garage I noticed that I needed to get something that makes it easier to get more leverage on the actual inner tie rod. So I added a crows foot that will fit it.
Couple of their practices
  • When out i note other stuff missing or that I see for next time.
  • I try and take out tools (to lighten the load) that don’t fit my machine or accessories
  • Loadout is adjusted depending on the trail system, weather, group and length of trip and travel
I probably carry tool much - which is one reason I don’t know if a sport model would ever be good for me

As @Cuoutdoors mentions @knuckledeep was well organized at Overland and I borrowed a lot of ideas from him.

I am going to try and take inventory and post as I get prepped for Takeover.

I also carry a hammock !!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ideas....

First aid kit
Pew pew
Knife
Rope
Tarp
More pew pew
More water
Army shovel
Clean socks
Cliff bars
Fire starter
Flares

I need to add a tarp... besides using to cover your ride in a quick rain or overnight- it could be a much needed relief to cover muddy ground if you need to do a trail repair.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I need to get a hammock. You guys will have to give me some ideas on what kind. @JTW @Ragnar406

I like your idea about doing a repair with your trail tools. That got me thinking there's a few more tools I need to add.

Like you said I try to adjust based on who I'm riding with. Sometimes that means adding more, sometimes less.

Most guys that are on the forum come pretty well prepared. However, if something came up on the trail and you had to switch groups or you wind up leaving your group to help another get back to camp or something you may find yourself to be the only one prepared.

When I was younger and became an Eagle Scout I think I heard "BE Prepared" about 20 million times...lol

I'd much rather have a little extra than to not have what I need when something goes south.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to get a hammock. You guys will have to give me some ideas on what kind. @JTW @Ragnar406

I like your idea about doing a repair with your trail tools. That got me thinking there's a few more tools I need to add.

Like you said I try to adjust based on who I'm riding with. Sometimes that means adding more, sometimes less.

Most guys that are on the forum come pretty well prepared. However, if something came up on the trail and you had to switch groups or you wind up leaving your group to help another get back to camp or something you may find yourself to be the only one prepared.

When I was younger and became an Eagle Scout I think I heard "BE Prepared" about 20 million times...lol

I'd much rather have a little extra than to not have what I need when something goes south.

Yea, with the bunch we normally ride with on the Honda rides sometimes there is a bigger race to your tools and if your not quick enough someone may have your ride fixed before you turnaround. I know @GlockMeister jacked up someone else’s ride and put his spare on it all while they were thinking about how to repair their flat... lol

I just carry one of those basic hammocks meant more so for just relaxing than a tent hammock. https://www.amazon.com/Hammock-Camping-Single-Double-Hammocks/dp/B01E3EHRFY/?tag=sxsweb24-20.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea, with the bunch we normally ride with on the Honda rides sometimes there is a bigger race to your tools and if your not quick enough someone may have your ride fixed before you turnaround. I know @GlockMeister jacked up someone else’s ride and put his spare on it all while they were thinking about how to repair their flat... lol

I just carry one of those basic hammocks meant more so for just relaxing than a tent hammock. https://www.amazon.com/Hammock-Camping-Single-Double-Hammocks/dp/B01E3EHRFY/?tag=sxsweb24-20.
I like the hammock is that the kind you carry? I like the price too!

Reactions: BWAF
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Speaking of jack..i gotta grab one for ya before takeover.

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Speaking of jack..i gotta grab one for ya before takeover.
I almost forgot!
I like the hammock is that the kind you carry? I like the price too!

I think that is the exact one I bought - it is the brand for sure as they email you instructions. I did pick up a set of their Hammock tree straps as well. It comes in pretty handy at the cub scout camping trips.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
advertisement