1" spacers for 2" lift

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
There is a thread about this in general discussion but I just ordered my spacers and wanted to start a thread here as I will be updating everyone when I install them.
Ordered off eBay, cfm 2" spacers for my P5. Supposedly increases my payload capacity and makes the machine Have a little less roll in the turns.
I need them because between me and a passenger there is already an extra 400lbs sitting on the suspension

Reactions: Dp5hunter
I

inukiller5

Jan 17, 2015
I ordered mine as well. Gonna get out the tape measure and see if its real or bs. Lol

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
I don't think it's gonna truly lift it 2".. I'm putting these in more for the stiffness and payload.

I will put a tape to mine too. I guess we will see who gets em done first.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Just got my spacers. Who has the step by step idiots guide to install? I should be good on tools but the knowledge is lacking. Any info helps, thanks.
Going on a p5.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 898
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: 1" spacers for 2" lift

8f9a98021d85fd18be32a66ac1d05838

If the design is similar to the 700 it's Going to look something like this... I used a 50ton press to compress the shock and spring then clamped it down with the straps. You'll want to compress it far enough you can get the shock apart and the spacer in afterwards. Way more than an inch.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
I have everything apart and located a tool to load up the springs. Should have it all put back together tomorrow night. Sorry, I didn't take an initial measurement. So we will not know the true lift height. Very mad at myself for that! Gonna have to drink myself to sleep tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 1,102
Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
For those of you who have our plan on getting shock covers. Just read something that made me wonder why I haven't been doing this to all my past machines .
Use scotch gaurd on the covers and they will study looking new for longer. Duh!!! I'm sure most of you knew this and have been doing it.

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Spacer installation fail.. Don't have the proper tools. A lot of pressure on these coils and I don't wanna mess up my face. Gonna bring to my local shop :..(...

advertisement
Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Local shop couldn't handle it either. I woulda thought a honda shop could service honda parts. Everything just gets sent back to corporate now. Oh well, gonna start rubbing pennies together and hopefully a suspension upgrade will pop out.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haha, I ran into the Honda Shop saying it was not a Honda Servicable part so they had no tools to work on, BUT they sent me down the road to a shop that had them ...THEY WANTED more than i could've bought the 2015 Springs/Shocks for(i just wanted it to stop bottoming out), drove an hour to my dads shop and used his press, most likely not the safest way to do it considering the amount of potential energy stored in those things, but I tried to make sure the straps were tight as I compressed the springs. Also used the right press pieces so the springs were trapped and could not escape by sliding off the press.

Local auto shops spring compressors were too large to fit.

I

inukiller5

Jan 17, 2015
I was gonna say. Spring compressor... that will compress it

I

inukiller5

Jan 17, 2015
Thought about using 2 ratchet straps? One on both sides of the spring. Ratcheting them evenly. Un bolting the lid.sliding in the spacer then re bolting it

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Ya I used multiple auto shop presses but didn't have a way to trap it. Nothing fit. Thought honda would but they didn't. Gonna have to manufacture a plate to trap the spring. It is sketchy!!! A lot of energy for sure. And if it blows apart, good luck getting it back together. I was gonna try straps, but am waiting for someone braver then I to do it on their p5. I have snow on the way and need to load wood for heat so I needed my p5 back together today.
I did adjust the preload in the rear 2 clicks

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Turning into a spring time project.. No pun intended..rides good with the rear tightened 2 clicks on the preload

S

sgtwalters

Mar 1, 2015
Autozone has spring compressors you can rent

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: 1" spacers for 2" lift

sgtwalters said:
Autozone has spring compressors you can rent

The local Parts Stores have automotive compressors... WAY too big to work with the Pioneer springs.

Takes a rig like in the pic above to compress them.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Be real careful as the spring hold a LOT of energy compressed and if a strap slips or breaks it could be bad. As SGT mentioned, some of the larger auto parts store have spring compressor you can borrow (Auto zone, Advanced, etc) You pay for it upfront as a rental and when you return it you get your money back. Far safer way and it grips the springs tight and will allow you to compress them fairly easily.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!