P1000 1000-3 cargo box mod

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
I ordered a pioneer 1000-3 a month ago and have no idea when I'll get it. I am replacing a ranger 900xp. I think I'm going to miss the under seat storage so I'm looking for tips to replace it. One thing I found was on the 1000-5 people cut out the cargo box/door panels for storage under the color panels. Can that same thing be done on the 1000-3

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think you can? Read this thread. Its the original thread for the door storage. I cant remember but im sure there was a P1K3 in there.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The primary in-door storage is in the -5's rear doors, they are cavernous, so that's been the focus of the door storage mod. Not sure if anyone has done the mod to the driver and pax doors - the space inside is not nearly as wide. Don't know about the -3, but it lacks the thick rear doors of the -5. The -3's bed side walls are probably not all that thick either, as that's what gives the -3's bed more space compared to the -5.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
I think you can? Read this thread. Its the original thread for the door storage. I cant remember but im sure there was a P1K3 in there.
Thanks for the reply. I read through that thread, but did not see anything done on a 1000-3

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
The primary in-door storage is in the -5's rear doors, they are cavernous, so that's been the focus of the door storage mod. Not sure if anyone has done the mod to the driver and pax doors - the space inside is not nearly as wide. Don't know about the -3, but it lacks the thick rear doors of the -5. The -3's bed side walls are probably not all that thick either, as that's what gives the -3's bed more space compared to the -5.
If it were possible I was wanting to cut into the cargo box walls. I ranch and am hoping to get my pioneer before calving starts. I'm guessing I won't have much time from delivery to the start of the season. If someone had done the mod in a 1000-3 I would go ahead and have the supplies on hand and do it when it was new and clean. Maybe I better wait and see how thick the cargo box walls are.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for the reply. I read through that thread, but did not see anything done on a 1000-3
I know someone did but i cant remember what thread and how it turned out? I know the doors aren't quite as deep. If your looking for storage, theres a spot right under the drivers seat and many ways on here folks have moded it.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can always get a 1000-5, take the rear ROPs off, remove the rear seats, add a custom hard bed liner (to cover the void of removed rear seats), do the rear door storage mod, and install a 1000-3 roof.

Now you would have a 1000-3 with more storage than you could ever want. Storage inside the doors, and storage under the bed cover when you open the doors.

👍

Reactions: Lady01
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know someone did but i cant remember what thread and how it turned out? I know the doors aren't quite as deep. If your looking for storage, theres a spot right under the drivers seat and many ways on here folks have moded it.

I don't remember the door size but there are others on here who have installed the marine doors on the driver side behind your legs under the seat and now you have access to a small cubby. You will have to measure to confirm door size.

https://amazon.com/SEAFLO-Marine-Deck-Access-Hatch/dp/B07Q887FF9/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could have swore I had seen someone on here remove the rear seats and made a Milwaukee packout rack that fit over the void of the seats. Giving you a bed and tool storage capability. I searched all over here and can't find it now.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
So if I'm understanding correctly, there will still be a void but it might not be as wide. It will also not have the deep valley. It will just be the bottom of the rectangle that I could fill up?

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
So if I'm understanding correctly, there will still be a void but it might not be as wide. It will also not have the deep valley. It will just be the bottom of the rectangle that I could fill up?
Also, I'm going to have a cab heater so that spot will unfortunately be filled.

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
You can always get a 1000-5, take the rear ROPs off, remove the rear seats, add a custom hard bed liner (to cover the void of removed rear seats), do the rear door storage mod, and install a 1000-3 roof.

Now you would have a 1000-3 with more storage than you could ever want. Storage inside the doors, and storage under the bed cover when you open the doors.

👍
Now that's a tempting idea. If my kids found out that I removed thier potential seats though they would not be real happy.
I've really kicked the idea of a -5 around. The reason I'm leaning towards the 3 is that from end of January until April I spend almost 8 hrs a day in a sxs checking cows. I feel like the 3 has better cab options and think it's strange to have potential rear passengers outside. I also have to use the bed constantly. However, if I bought a 5 and removed the rops for a 3's I could just have a summer 5 seater when I take my cab off and a winter 3 seater. I appreciate everyone's ideas on here. Can't wait to actually get a machine and try it out. I'm over polaris and there constant breakdowns

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No that's a tempting idea. If my kids found out that I removed there potential seats though they would not be real happy.
I've really kicked the idea of a -5 around. The reason I'm leaning towards the 3 is that from end of January until April I spend almost 8 hrs a day in a sxs checking cows. I feel like the 3 has better cab options and think it's strange to have potential rear passengers outside. I also have to use the bed constantly. However, if I bought a 5 and removed the rops for a 3's I could just have a summer 5 seater when I take my cab off and a winter 3 seater. I appreciate everyone's ideas on here. Can't wait to actually get a machine and try it out. I'm over polaris and there constant breakdowns
Go with the 5 you wont regret it!
@BWAF has a 5 and checks cows on a daly biases with his and doesn't regret having the 5

NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
Go with the 5 you wont regret it!
@BWAF has a 5 and checks cows on a daly biases with his and doesn't regret having the 5
There's a picture of my winter cargo bed setup and passengers. Does anyone know the price difference of a -5 and -3 in the deluxe trim?
For my potential cargo box mod I'm just needing a place to store fence staples, insulators, vice grips, fencing pliers and a few bags of tags.

Screenshot 20211003 102025 Gallery

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There's a picture of my winter cargo bed setup and passengers. Does anyone know the price difference of a -5 and -3 in the deluxe trim?
For my potential cargo box mod I'm just needing a place to store fence staples, insulators, vice grips, fencing pliers and a few bags of tags.

View attachment 298167
Around 1k plus or minus. Should be minus depending if your dealer wants be nice to you these days lol.
fyi, you can do Milwaukee packouts in the bed like many of us have to pit those tools in and still have half the bed to work with. You can also remove them and have the full bed as well

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Again this is a rough. When u can find either right now it can be any price but most likely on the high end. These are just starting points. If it were me, I would look used. You will get one quicker and there are many out there with very low milage and use and may have some accessories you wont have to fuss with. Anyone on the forums “Buy sell, I wana” thread with prob work with you in delivery and your chance of getting a good machine is very good.
E01A9ABB 90BC 451C B8E1 7354BE3B37E0
C0B527D7 1E28 469B 9588 16EC22B20E57

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When the rear seats are down and you open the doors you have a cubby on both sides for storage.

IMG 20211003 121235 IMG 20211003 121230

Reactions: Lady01 and BWAF
NEfarm_ranch

NEfarm_ranch

Oct 3, 2021
Nebraska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. 1000-3
When the rear seats are down and you open the doors you have a cubby on both sides for storage.

View attachment 298179 View attachment 298180
What I'm starting to realize is I need to find someone selling a -5 box and I'll put it on the -3 body. Do you guys have any leads for that idea?
Or I could just breakdown and buy the -5, lol.
Better yet honda could sell both the -3 and -5 with rear doors but offer the -3 with a solid bed floor. As someone who works out of a sxs being able to load unload from the side would have lots of advantages

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What I'm starting to realize is I need to find someone selling a -5 box and I'll put it on the -3 body. Do you guys have any leads for that idea?
Or I could just breakdown and buy the -5, lol.
Better yet honda could sell both the -3 and -5 with rear doors but offer the -3 with a solid bed floor. As someone who works out of a sxs being able to load unload from the side would have lots of advantages
Hahaha Negative, Not happening!
way too much modification to make that happen. Might as well buy a ranger pickup.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!