P1000 1000-5 Accessories install

Trailrider

Trailrider

Sep 22, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you guys writing your led lights to. Are you installing a fuse box or going into the factory. If factory which one. I plan to install light bar, and 4 led pods. Also do I need a second battery for those and a winch. Sorry if this has been asked before. New to the forum and new pioneer owner lol. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: TimG and sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you guys writing your led lights to. Are you installing a fuse box or going into the factory. If factory which one. I plan to install light bar, and 4 led pods. Also do I need a second battery for those and a winch. Sorry if this has been asked before. New to the forum and new pioneer owner lol. Thanks in advance.
I used a fuse panel and 2nd battery.

Reactions: TheHoover
TheHoover

TheHoover

Jun 26, 2018
PNW
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As Tim Taylor said it.
“MORE POWER!”
I would say your okay on factory until you mentioned the winch.. I’m getting second battery setup(battery, fuse panel, isolator) mainly to leave factory setup alone. Also nobody needs to worry about turning the radio off when I pass out. Peace of mind. Lol.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As Tim Taylor said it.
“MORE POWER!”
I would say your okay on factory until you mentioned the winch.. I’m getting second battery setup(battery, fuse panel, isolator) mainly to leave factory setup alone. Also nobody needs to worry about turning the radio off when I pass out. Peace of mind. Lol.
Amen!

Reactions: TheHoover
Trailrider

Trailrider

Sep 22, 2018
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies what is a good secondary fuse block. And if I do the fuse block do I need to do relays for each set of pods and lightbar.

M

MTLuckyDan

Jun 18, 2018
US
There's a sticky on Pioneer 1000 General discussion page that has the information you're looking for as well as dozens of posts. Several good alternatives depending on your specific needs.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies what is a good secondary fuse block. And if I do the fuse block do I need to do relays for each set of pods and lightbar.
Using relays will depend on the amp draw of the lights, as well as the amp rating of the switches you use.
If you are using offshore switches, I personally would limit them to 10a, if the load is greater than 10a on that switch. Use a relay.
If you are going to use a legit Carling tech switch. They are rated at 20a and I would not hesitate using them at the full load.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!