P1000 1000-5 Panel & Fender Swap

M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have a 2022 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe trim in red. Looking to replace all plastic panels, hood, front fender with the camo pattern. Any experience out there regarding fitment? Appears swapping the front fender would require the most time? Any suggestions & videos for this piece? Thanks.

Reactions: Smitty335
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I believe the color panels of 2016 - 2021 Pioneer 1000 were all the same and interchangeable. Not sure about the hood and front fenders of a 2022.

If they fit they're not cheap. I agree with the vinyl wrap advice.

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Iv'e been down that road with my 21 year model... long story short my machine started out life RED so during the purchase process they made me a deal on camo panels so all was good......backordered but finally came in...the only panels that fit properly was the front end and the hood piece, returned the bed and door panels.....received another set and would not fit either, apparently the camo panels are not the same size by a little and take a little messaging to get to fit.... well the two sets i received would have taken more messaging than i was willing to do so returned them as well....took my panels to a hydro dipper in sparks and had him do his thing.......

Reactions: Remington
M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Iv'e been down that road with my 21 year model... long story short my machine started out life RED so during the purchase process they made me a deal on camo panels so all was good......backordered but finally came in...the only panels that fit properly was the front end and the hood piece, returned the bed and door panels.....received another set and would not fit either, apparently the camo panels are not the same size by a little and take a little messaging to get to fit.... well the two sets i received would have taken more messaging than i was willing to do so returned them as well....took my panels to a hydro dipper in sparks and had him do his thing.......
Thanks for sharing. Like you, I’m not interested in monkeying around with the fitment. Did you also take your front fender panel / assembly to the dipper? Since the Deluxe model is already offered in Green, do you think Green panels would fit without any massaging? Removal of the front fender piece under the hood looks involved. What are your thoughts on that? Thanks.

Reactions: HBarlow
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for sharing. Like you, I’m not interested in monkeying around with the fitment. Did you also take your front fender panel / assembly to the dipper? Since the Deluxe model is already offered in Green, do you think Green panels would fit without any massaging? Removal of the front fender piece under the hood looks involved. What are your thoughts on that? Thanks.
The Honda Phantom Camo front end and hood fit like a glove so i left that on, removing the front end plastics is a bit of a chore and took me 3-4 hours to remove and replace. From what i understand the solid colors do not have the fitment issues like the camo does. If your going to tackle front end removal i would definitely do it before you start adding a bunch of stuff under the hood. Like i say, it's not a horrible job but the bolts around the headlights are a bit challenging to say the least, that was the worst part of the process.

Just to add.... Iv'e gotten a lot of questions answered by the members here and a little poking too... so i feel the need to return the favor and help out where i can with what little i know....

Last edited:
M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Again, thanks for sharing - much appreciated. I don’t have the skills to take on the front end so may have to approach a dealer to do that. I think I can handle the door panels. Is it a straight six-piece swap out or are there other less advertised cowlings, covers, etc, that also have to be ordered and replaced?

Reactions: HBarlow
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Again, thanks for sharing - much appreciated. I don’t have the skills to take on the front end so may have to approach a dealer to do that. I think I can handle the door panels. Is it a straight six-piece swap out or are there other less advertised cowlings, covers, etc, that also have to be ordered and replaced?
Well there is just the 6 on the P1K5. If your not going to handle the front and pay the labor for the dealer to do it? As stated before…Hold on to your ankles and hold tight 😂 might as well have them do the whole thing then.

If I were u, I would just look into a wrap. Get the camo or the color you want, its the cheapest easiest way to go. If u dont like it, then spend the little fortune your about to embark on. The wraps look good and Walter @ Creative UTV graphics is a vender here that we like to support and guarantees his work and will help you with any questions you have.
most of your other questions body panels and wraps can be answerd with pics in the search up top. Be patient, its your friend and most likely covered. Good luck.
Oh, when your done with what u decide,we need pics. As we say
Pics Or It Didnt Happen

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to point out I am disappointed in my camo OE panels. The plastic on the hood is white underneath. With my scratches and color peel it looks terrible. It would not look as bad if they had used black under the camo pattern.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I don’t have the skills to take on the front end so may have to approach a dealer to do that. I think I can handle the door panels.
Oh, be adventurous:

I think I had about 20-30 miles on it when I did that ... 🤣

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I read an old thread here a couple years ago that was several years old at the time. The original poster, a member in Texas, removed all of his panels and rattle-can sprayed them with olive drab undercoat. it was a low-cost solution and looked great. The post was well done with excellent photography to show each step. I would post it here if I could find it.

I was unaware that the panels vary in size and shape and are therefore not all interchangeable. My dealer changed mine from base model red with hood and fender panels only to yellow with seven panels. Apparently it was easy to fit the door and bed panels because the dealership tech could drill the holes wherever he needed them to fit the panels. He didn't have to deal with existing holes in my doors and bed.

I'm 80 years old now and am slowly losing my vision so my days of do-it-yourself are over. If I want something done I generally have to pay the labor charges.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I went from camo to proton blue on my 2016 1000-3. No issues whatsoever, other than the front fender being a major pita. Tip: Be sure your headlight harness that connects both headlights is installed before installing the front fender. It will save you much grief.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!